Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
To celebrate their new partnership with Caesars (that I described here), SPG has a new “Take a Spin” game that you can enter daily through February 7, 2014 to try and win prizes such as SPG points, a night at a Category 1-6 SPG hotel, a trip to the Starwood Preferred Guest/Caesars Entertainment VIP Vegas Celebration Weekend, 2/21-2/23/14, and more. You must be 21 or older to play, and while I have terrible luck with these sort of things, I know many Mommy Points readers who won some prizes the last time SPG did one of these “spin to win” type games. It literally takes about five seconds to see if you win or not, so it is easy even for busy folks. I will do my best to play each day through February 7th and see if my luck with games might turn!
There also is a section for an “instant win” scratch off code that it seems you will be given at certain SPG hotels right now. I don’t know the details on this, but would love to hear if you have seen those somewhere! Also please share if you win something via the Take a Spin game – it helps me stay motivated to keep trying to hear about others’ success stories!
If you are interested, here are the terms and conditions. Thanks to Loyalty Lobby for sharing details of this promotion!
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The SPG Take a Spin Online Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 1/13/14 and ends 11:59:59 pm ET on 2/7/14 (the “Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to Starwood Preferred Guest members who are legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Votigo, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO PLAY THE GAME/RECEIVE A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: During the Promotion Period, you may access the Promotion by visiting www.spg.com/takeaspin (“Promotion Website”). To enter, complete and submit all required fields of the onscreen registration form and click where indicated to see if you are an Instant Winner and to receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize random drawing. If you are an instant Prize winner (subject to verification), you will be notified on-screen. Limit of two (2) instant win plays/entries per unique SPG member, per day during the Promotion Period. Maximum of one (1) win per day per unique winner. If you win in any given day, you cannot play again that day or receive another entry for that day. All participants must comply with these Official Rules and any registration instructions in order to be eligible. More than the stated number of instant prize win chances/entries from any person will void all instant prize win chances/entries for that person. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to participate is prohibited. Instant prize win chances/entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service provider will apply.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE AND APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: Sweepstakes Grand Prize (1): A 3-day/2-night trip for winner and one (1) travel companion to Las Vegas, Nevada to stay at a Caesars Entertainment Hotel in Las Vegas to be determined by SPG for the Starwood Preferred Guest/Caesars Entertainment VIP Vegas Celebration Weekend, 2/21-2/23/14. Trip includes round-trip business class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home, and two (2) night hotel accommodations based on double occupancy. The Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is up to $6,250. The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. SPG Free Night Award Prizes (26 – 1 per day): A one-night stay at any category 1-6 Starwood hotel or resort property that participates in the SPG program and will be awarded as a credit to the member’s SPG account. Free Night Award must be redeemed by September 30, 2014. The Approximate Retail Value of each Free Night Award is up to $285. Odds: 1:8,276. Caesars Entertainment Free Night Award Prizes (26 – 1 per day): A one-night stay at a Sponsor-specified Caesars Entertainment hotels, awarded as a voucher. The Approximate Retail Value of each Caesars Entertainment Free Night Award Prize is $100. Odds: 1:8,276. Starpoints Prize (260 – 10 per day): 2,500 Starpoints to use towards winner’s choice of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. properties. The Approximate Retail Value of each 2,500 Starpoints Prize is $62.50. Odds: 1:828. Starpoints Prizes (260 – 10 per day): 1,000 Starpoints to use towards winner’s choice of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. properties. The Approximate Retail Value of each 1,000 Starpoints Prize is $25.00. Odds: 1:828. Starpoints Prizes (500 – 25 per day): 500 Starpoints to use towards winner’s choice of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. properties. The Approximate Retail Value of each 500 Starpoints Prize is $12.50. Odds: 1:331. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Free Nights are subject to availability.For the Grand Prize: Grand Prize travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor surrounding Starwood Preferred Guest/Caesars Entertainment VIP Vegas Celebration Weekend. All fees and expenses (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals beyond what is included with the celebration weekend and ground transportation, and incidental charges) related to acceptance and use of the travel prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event winner lives within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of Las Vegas, Nevada, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Certain restrictions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to confirmation of reservations. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. Travel companion must be 21 or older. Winner’s travel companion will be required to execute a release of liability prior to travel. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID, etc.) and travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize winner’s and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies.
In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion engage in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the Grand Prize winner’s disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event the Grand Prize winner or travel companion engage in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects the Grand Prize winner or travel companion to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize winner or travel companion as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER’S OR TRAVEL COMPANION’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
Use and redemption of Starpoints are pursuant to the terms and conditions of SPG program found at www.spg.com. Starpoints and SPG Free Night Awards will be deposited into member’s SPG account within two (2) weeks of the Promotion Period end date. The number of Starpoints needed for redemption vary by property. All prizes are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All SPG Free Night Awards, Caesars Entertainment Free Night Awards and Starpoints Prizes must be used by 9/30/14. Transportation to/from winner’s residence to SPG Free Night Award and Caesars Entertainment Free Night Award Prize destination not included as part of prize. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and any additional transportation are each winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection for Grand Prize winner only. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or exchange (including for cash) of prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of comparable or greater value in the event a prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
All federal, state and local taxes and other governmental charges, if any, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of prize, not specified herein, related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. The Sponsor will contact the potential Grand Prize winner via phone (no messages will be left on voice mail/answering machines) and potential Grand Prize winner will be required to respond (via email or phone) within 24 hours from the time of phone call. If the Grand Prize winner does not respond within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected, time permitting. Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return, within three (3) days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) in order to claim his/her prize or prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected. All travel arrangements to/from Las Vegas, including all hospitality accommodations will be handled by a designated agent working directly with the winner. Potential winners in Canada must answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question without aid of mechanical device or otherwise and this question will be included in the affidavit/declaration package. Winner’s guest must be 21 years or older and will be required to execute a release of liability prior to use of prize. Prizes are awarded “as is.” Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per household. The approximate odds of winning any instant winning Prize are 1,222.
- GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 2/10/14 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to the Promotion.
- VERIFICATION: All Prize winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Administrator and compliance with these Official Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any chance does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such win. All material submitted becomes the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. If, due to an error of any kind, more winning names are determined as Prize Winners, or more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to the number of prizes outlined in Rule #4, the intended Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified Prize claims received. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. The Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Promotion.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor or Administrator. Decisions of Sponsor/Administrator are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. All Instant Win plays/entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address inputted at the time of first Instant Win play/entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Promotion if any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted, and award any Instant Win Prizes claimed prior to cancellation and award the Grand Prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Promotion process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Promotion or the awarding of prizes. All participants hereby release Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, and any of its employees (collectively, the “Promotion Indemnitees“), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Promotion Indemnitees due to or arising out of their participation in the Promotion, or use of any prizes, or use of their name, or likeness. Participants and winners assume all liability for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind caused by, or claimed to be caused by, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with participation in the Promotion or the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize won, or participation in any prize-related activities. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, participant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Promotion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Promotion and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Participants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Connecticut and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Connecticut.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind by Sponsor and Administrator, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all guarantees and warrantees on prizes that are goods or services are subject to the manufacturer’s or service provider’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to said manufacturer or service provider for any such guarantee or warranty claim.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, participant agrees that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use participant’s name and/or picture and/or likeness or biographical information or voice and address/location, for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without any further compensation, consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law.
- WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after 3/7/14 through 4/7/14, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (U.S. residents only) by 2/14/14 to: SPG’s Take a Spin Online Game and Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Votigo Inc., 251 Lafayette Cir. #330, Lafayette, CA 94549 USA. Non-US residents and VT residents may send a 3”x5” piece of paper with their name and complete address in lieu of self-addressed stamped envelope.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint, Stamford, Connecticut 06902 USA. The Administrator of this Promotion is Votigo Inc. 251 Lafayette Cir. #330. Lafayette, CA 94549 USA.