Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
- Rocketmiles (the hotel booking site that pays out gobs of airline miles for bookings) is offering 3,000 bonus United miles on your first booking for new customers. This offer is valid from today January 16, 2014 – February 28, 2014 and you must complete the hotel stay by July 1, 2014. It appears this stacks with the new member bonus of 1,000 miles that is available via my referral link above.
- One Mile at a Time (among others) are reporting that elite qualifying miles flown on American and US Airways will be combined to determine elite status for 2015…according to some terms and conditions written on a promotion. This would make sense, but this is one of the first times we are seeing some written documentation of that from US/AA, though even if it is on some promotional terms and conditions.
- Frontier Airlines is offering an 18% discount on domestic fares from Tuesday, January 14, 2014, through tomorrow January 16, 2014. The discount will apply to regular and sale fares for domestic travel from January 14, 2014, through March 12, 2014. There are blackout dates of February 13–15, 2014, and February 17, 2014. Tickets must be purchased below using the promo code HURRYHURRY.
- There is an interesting discussion (to me) on Milepoint about whether it is worth it to take kids “all the way” to Hawaii when there are closer beaches available for most of us. I vote a resounding yes, but obviously there are many different opinions on this that can be easy to read. My own four year old loves Hawaii most of all the places she has been so far, so who am I to argue.
- Offers are going out to “buy up” or “buy back” your 2013 elite status with several programs, including United, so keep an eye on your email inbox if you are regretting missing out on re-qualifying. Just be ready to shell out cash to get the elite status back…
- If you are thinking about coming to the Frequent Traveler University from April 25 – April 27 in Seattle, just a head’s up that ticket sales seem to be progressing and it is now over half-way to sold out status. There is no need to immediately rush to get a ticket, but just keep that in mind if you are considering coming. If you do, I hope to see you there!
- Remember to enter the SPG “Spin to Win” game daily through February 7th to try your luck at winning SPG points, a free night at a Cat 1-6, etc. I have been using a different browser to play each day on my husband’s account as it wasn’t cooperative in letting me play two accounts daily on the same browser.