Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
A few months ago I posted about what I thought to be a tremendous SPG redemption opportunity….15,000 SPG points for you and a guest to spend the weekend in Vegas celebrating the new partnership between Caesar’s Hotel group and the Starwood Preferred Guest program. You had to be a SPG Platinum member to participate, and for 15,000 SPG points you received:
Friday and Saturday night stay at one of these Caesars hotels:
- Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Arrival events Friday:
- Taste of Caesars evening reception, showcasing Caesars’ culinary delights
- Nobu after-hours reception
Saturday Afternoon events:
- Blackjack tournament at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino with a grand prize of one million Starpoints
- You and your guest can both participate
Saturday Evening events:
- Britney: Piece of Me show at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Jersey Boys performance at Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Celine Dion show in The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino
- Brunch at Mon Ami Gabi at Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
This was an opportunity way too good for us to pass up, so we quickly redeemed the 15k points from my husband’s account (since he is the Platinum member) and then looked forward to our fun Vegas weekend that just concluded. I was tweeting some about the event over the weekend, and since several folks wanted more info about the SPG and Caesar’s weekend, here is a quick recap of the events and how we almost won 1 million SPG points!
Taste of Caesars evening reception:
Shortly after we got to the hotel, we headed outside into the pool area for an outdoor “Taste of Caesars” party. I thought an evening pool party in February was a little brave in terms of weather, but it turned out to be the perfect night to be outdoors.
As soon as you arrived, they offered you some sangria, and that was just the start of the food and drink offerings. Since a big part of this party was to showcase different foods, there were many different food stations set up with things like truffle mac and cheese, ribeye, a huge seafood tower, and almost endless desserts.