Update: I didn’t expect this to last long and indeed the hotel has already jumped to 50,000 points per night.  Congrats on those who moved quickly and booked!

I spotted a fantastic use of Wyndham Reward points today on Loyalty Traveler’s blog.  Sadly I have been left holding a (smallish) bag of Wyndham Reward points after their recent (often unannounced) devaluations and needed to find a good use for them.  As Loyalty Traveler points out, the new addition to the Wyndham family, the Wyndham New Yorker located at Eighth Avenue and 34th street in Midtown Manhattan is currently pricing at just 14,000 Wyndham Reward points per night.  This hotel has over 1,000 rooms, so it clearly is a massive property in Manhattan.

Wyndham New Yorker

My family loves visiting NYC, and we like to use points for hotel rooms to avoid the sometimes hefty average daily rates in Manhattan.  Since most of the NYC hotels in the Wyndham family charge around 30,000 points per night, being able to nab this one for just 14,000 points is a steal…and likely one that won’t last long.

Wyndham Rewards New Yorker

I booked a couple nights in the metro queen room this morning and got an error message saying that I needed to call to book, but then the online reservation went through just fine.

Wyndham Rewards New York

I’m very happy with a room in a solid location in Manhattan for 14,000 Wyndham Reward points per night that I otherwise didn’t have a great use for.  Book quickly if you want to do the same since there is no guarantee the hotel will stay in this category for very long.

5 Responses to “Great Use of Wynhdam Reward Points for Hotel in NYC”

1. Nick says:

Agree. The typical Wyndham flea-bag, dump hotel usually goes for about 10K. This hotel is quite a find at 14K (hope they don’t read this post and change it)!

Nick, given what other hotels are categorized at in NYC I expect it to change. It’s a when, not an if, so don’t hold out on booking if you have something in mind.

2. Tim says:

Not points related, but an interesting tidbit about this hotel is that most believe it was the hotel that J.D. Salinger had in mind when describing the hotel that Holden Caulfield stayed at in The Catcher in the Rye…the one where Sunny came to visit…

3. Ric Garrido says:

Reward rate now shows 50,000 points per night.

Nikola Tesla lived in the New Yorker hotel for the last ten years of his life 1933-43 and died in room 3327.

4. Gabriel says:

Thanks, summer, for posting about this! Apparently it’s back down to a more manageable 30k pts/night…however I was able to book at 14k/night for my birthday weekend! :D Thanks again!