20140419-083030.jpg

Recently I shared the first in what will be a series of posts on our recent family trip to Paris.  That post was mostly just an overview of how we planned the trip, selected flights/hotels, and a preview of what we did while we were there.  As is common in the world of blogs, and the internet in general, there were some dissenting opinions in the comments section that stated that spending money taking four year olds to places like Paris is akin to flushing money away, that they won’t remember it anyway, and kids would be happier staying with grandma than traveling the world.  Ahem.

I won’t ever be able to change the minds of folks who are coming to family travel websites to say that spending resources on family travel is a waste, and that’s okay.  However, for anyone else who might be on the fence about whether to take their kids with them on a trip, or that is wondering what travel might be like once they do have kids, here is why I travel with my kid.

20140419-083205.jpg

Exploring Montreal at 2.5 years

It bonds us together.

When we are at home our days are often very busy and frenetic making lunches, getting to school, gymnastics classes, getting work done, taking care of the house, making dinner, and other similar household tasks that we all have.  Frankly, we aren’t even all in the same space for much of the day due to work, travel commitments, school etc.  When we are we are under the same roof we are often working on our own specific tasks, not because we don’t want to all be together, but because there is just a lot to get done.  You know, family life in 2014.

We are working to do a better job of slowing down the pace of life at home, but when we travel, we are usually together with dedicated one on one time away from the demands of normal life.  We have to work together and figure things out as a team.  We also get to have a great time exploring and experiencing new things together.  It isn’t always all sunshine and roses on trips, but it is usually a very enjoyable and memorable experience that we get to have as a family.

Ski trip.jpg

First time in snow at 2 years old

The world is bigger than our neighborhood.

I absolutely love our neighborhood, but I don’t want my daughter to not be able to see beyond it.  The houses, the trees, the birds, the cars, and the people mostly all look the same.  I want her to know the world beyond just looking at a globe, but to know what it looks like, smells like, feels like, tastes like, and sounds like at places both near and far from her own home.  My hope is that the more types of places and people you see, the more you respect differences in geography, language, culture, or skin color rather than fear or resent them.  I want her to learn how small the world really is by walking through the streets of places far away.

20140419-083551.jpg

It’s fun.

Okay flagging down the e-cart in the airport after a TransAtlantic flight because my daughter was an exhausted sack of potatoes and couldn’t walk further wasn’t fun, but travel with kids is generally really fun.  We spent a couple of our afternoons in Paris playing in the parks with children from all over, and it couldn’t have been more beautiful or enjoyable.  I highly doubt I would have spent that much time in the parks or headed to Disneyland Paris were it not for my daughter, but I think I enjoyed that time more than whatever I would have probably been doing if she wasn’t there.  The fun isn’t just one-sided either as she very much enjoyed experiencing new places and using the few French words she knows while playing.

20140419-083003.jpg

Playing in Paris parks at age 4

Naturally she enjoyed the heck out of Disneyland Paris, but one of the coolest moments that day was her and another girl her age bonding on the train ride back into the city over an Elsa doll (from the movie Frozen) that the other girl had gotten at Disney.  They didn’t speak the same language, but it didn’t matter.  They still found ways to communicate and share for the entire ride home.  It was fun for her to experience, and fun for me to watch.  A couple of weeks later she is still talking about how much fun it was to play with the girl who spoke French on the train.

20140419-084352.jpg

Cruising down the river in Paris

They do remember, but that isn’t even the point.

I obviously don’t think an infant will remember the trips you take them on, but it doesn’t take too many years for kids to start remembering things that are different from the norm.  I may be wrong, but at 4.5 years old I think my daughter has hit the point in life where she will remember parts of the trips we go on.  She certainly still remembers lots of the trips we have been on thus far.

20140419-083118.jpg

Hawaii at 3 was a big hit

However, that isn’t even the point.  It’s okay if she doesn’t remember one of these trips when she is 40 because they are laying the ground work for who she is now, and who she will hopefully become.  For me this is no different than reading to an infant or reminding a toddler to say “thank you”.  They aren’t going to remember that one interaction, but those cumulative events help shape who they are.  You don’t have to travel the world as a child to know it is out there and appreciate it, but it sure doesn’t hurt.

There isn’t always a better option.

I don’t take my daughter on every single trip because I am lucky enough to have family members who will help watch her at times when the trips just don’t make sense for her.  We are lucky to have the best of both worlds as we can have family trips and a few adult trips.  However, for some trips, and for some families, there just isn’t a better option than to bring the kids.  Sometimes, either they go, or no one goes.  Necessity can be the mother of invention though and sometimes when you have no choice but to bring the kiddos along, you can start the process of building a trip that is even better than the one you would have created just for yourself.  Bringing the kids isn’t something to be feared, it is just something to be planned for.

Any money, miles, or time spent on family is not a waste.

If you are spending your resources whether they are time, miles, or cold hard cash on spending time with your family, it’s not a waste.  It’s an amazing investment you are making that can only pay out in the long run.  If you are spending your resources on traveling the world, your country, your state, or even your own city with your family it is not a waste.  You are opening your kids eyes to a world that is bigger and more beautiful than they otherwise could know.  In the process you are learning more about each other, sharing some great moments, and becoming a stronger family.

20140419-083508.jpg

Experiencing weather very different from ours at age 3

Sure it would be easier and cheaper to leave our daughter with family every time we take to the skies, but that would be a tremendous loss for everyone involved.  We didn’t have a child to not include her in such a big part of our lives, and she has reached an age where she actively wants to go with us and learn about where we are heading.  One small and recent example of that is her dedication to wanting to continue practicing French with us even though our trip is done.  She gets that learning a language means she can communicate with other people who speak a different language than her, and I think that is priceless.

Thanks to miles, points, and deals family travel doesn’t have to break the bank, it doesn’t have to all be done via roadside motels courtesy of a station wagon cruising down the highway, and the only limits on it are the ones you set.  I didn’t want to take an infant or toddler to Paris, so I didn’t.  That was our choice, and the right one for our family.  However, I absolutely wanted to take my four and a half year old amazing daughter, so I did.

20140419-082910.jpg

Looking out at Paris at age 4

It was absolutely the right choice, and I’m glad our family puts its money and miles where our mouth is when it comes to “giving our daughter the world”.  I view it as my job to teach her and show her as much about the world as I can.  It’s her job to decide what to do next.  For the record, it’s the greatest job on earth.

51 Responses to “Why Family Travel Is So Important”

1. David Delagarza says:

I got a some similar responses when I took my 8 month old to New Zealand last month (I wrote about it for AirlineReporter here. The biggest thing for us is getting in the habit of traveling early and enjoying the time as a family in a new environment, away from the everyday stress of life. Would it be a different trip without the baby? Definitely. But I really, really appreciate the time I we got to spend together during the trip.

2. Joe S says:

So true!
    We now don’t “remember” actual events and experiences from our own childhood, in the adult sense of “remembering”.
    It’s the subconscious level that is building a great foundation for your little one’s future. All of that information she is gathering and storing in the corners of her brain can do nothing but help make her much more open minded to the world and other cultures!
    Bravo!!

3. Geoff says:

I swear that’s the same window/room we had at the PH Vendome:)
    Yes, travel is very important and fun with the kid(s).
    However, try adding a child or two more and then see how the dynamic changes as they age.
    Adding one 4 or 5 year old is easy. Adding two or three teenagers is quite another thing. trust me/us.
    Soon two rooms will be necessary as will the necessary exponential points.
    All in all, bonding with the kids is fantastic but the sort of trip most bloggers drone on about is simply out of reach when kids are factored in.

David, New Zealand is very much on our list as well – well done!
    Joe, that’s the hope I have for sure.
    Geoff, for sure the logistics have to change when the number in the traveling party increases.

5. Anita says:

My husband and I go to NYC once a year, and have lots of great memories, but one of the best is from the trip when we took the kids with us. We spent the afternoon sitting in Central Park on the big rocks while the kids played and watched a bunch of guys practicing parkour (so cool to see in person!!).

I can also echo your comment about focus on one another. We play more board games, talk more, and generally slow things down while traveling together.

Last week our 15 year old son, a reluctant traveler, said “you know, I don’t always have fun ON our trips, but I look back at them as such fun times.”

Travel on :)

6. Chrissy Snyder says:

Very well said! I saw some of those comments and was taken aback by them. My son is 3 and last spring break we went to San Diego to visit the zoo, Sea World and the beach. He still talks about that trip. He may not remember specific things years from now but like you said, these experiences shape who they are and will be. I have taken my son on business trips (with a caregiver of course) and we are about to embark on our very first miles/points paid trip to Kauai next month. We love traveling with our son. I believe traveling with a toddler forces you to slow down and really take in the places you are at to experience them in a completely different way, which I appreciate. I only hope I’ll be able to take my son to Europe before school starts!

7. Gary says:

I’m nearly 40 and I still remember a trip to Florida when I was 3 (the only time I met my great grandmother, so that’s special, and picking oranges in my late great uncle’s fields) and Michigan when I was 4 (such a simple time).

That was before I became a frequent flyer as an unaccompanied minor around age 7.

Those were some adventures for a kid, and the time visiting family that are no longer with us will remain a part of my life forever.

8. JL100 says:

I couldn’t agree more. The only time I get any quality time with my family is when we are traveling. The house cleaning, watching two shows in separate rooms, etc all goes away on vacation. We get to enjoy checking out new attractions, new hotels and new cities every couple of months. This year every flight is on points and about half of the hotel spend, so that is great as well!

9. Kumar says:

Very nice post. Time spent with family traveling us something that I have cherished very much and that is the main reason I play this game. If it is business, I would have just settled with reward cards. Thanks for the post.

10. Judy from Boise says:

I so agree with all of your points. We too are committed family travelers. To add to the controversy, we took out daughter out of school for a week every year for our trips up till 10 th grade!
    may of 2015 she will graduate from university, and we are celebrating with a 3 week Europe trip including Disneyland Paris of course!

11. pawtim says:

Well said; I couldn’t agree more.

12. My passion for family travel runs deep (clearly!) and I agree with all of these. It is so important to show my kids, as my parents showed me, that the world around us is so much more than what we have in our city, with our house and our friends. One of my favorite things about taking our kids to another country is watching them play on a playground, often with kids who don’t speak english and yet they can communicate just fine. Kids are kids are kids no matter where we are.

We will never stop traveling, despite the naysayers!

13. DavidAL says:

I agree. My 4 and 6 yr old still talk about feeding kangaroos, riding the train in Japan, and how they want to learn Portuguese. It does wonders for their development, and it is most certainly worth having to either get 2 hotel rooms, or upgrade to a suite.

14. Kristen says:

Thank you for this post. You’ve hit just about every reason we travel (often internationally) w our own son. Experiences like those are gifts that keep on giving :)

15. Chris says:

Your daughter is painfully adorable. I don’t know how much they remember at that age, but I can tell you my family trips from like 6-12 are some of my most cherished memories of my family.

16. Joey says:

I have nothing against your way of travel and I think it’s great but I think what would make a really good post is ways we can raise our children to at least know that the masses fly economy class (not business class) & to not take this miles/points game for granted. The reality is, if by some chance miles/points games ends, most of us will only fly economy to see the world (except for the honeymoon, perhaps.)

17. Michael says:

I travel all over the world and often take my kids. They are ten now but remember every trip going back to age 4. Opening their eyes to different cultures lays the foundation for them being empathetic, caring individuals with a wide view of the world and a better understanding of how everyone lives.

Kudos to you for exposing your adorable little C to your travels.

18. Vicky says:

I think there needs to be more acceptance that we all have our own type of crazy when it comes to the points and miles world and peeps need to stop judging each other and inflicting their personal values on anyone that differs. Do what works for you and don’t bother justifying to the masses.
    I took my nephew on a flight when he was 3. He was able to go up front and talk with the pilots etc. That child is now 17 years old and still talks about it. Mind you he did also believe that the only class of service suitable for him at age 5 was to go business and complained when his parents booked economy.

19. Kathy says:

When we were little, we didn’t travel much because we were quite poor. When our kids were little, we took them to the beach, Disney, amusement parks, etc. We also had a lake house as a second home where we stayed much of the summer. Our kids enjoyed trips with our church, vacations with friends, etc. I didn’t know much about miles and points. I think litttle C has seen alot more places than many of us but that is ok. You have done a great job of collecting miles and points and finding great deals. I love traveling with my kids but now that they are older my husband and I do alot more adult trips. Because of all the things I have learned on your site, I have taken many trips for free or almost free. I am getting ready to board a flight to Las Vegas in about 2 hours. My hotel is free, rental car is free. Flight is buy one get one free (had a companion cert that we needed to use). I hate for those to go to waste. Next month we are going on a cruise with two of the grown kids. Racking up a ton of points on that. I would definitely say we are traveling more since we are in the miles and points game. Thanks!

20. Anna says:

Thank you for this post! I don’t have kids yet, but have been doing a lot of traveling the last couple years thinking I need to do as much as I can before kids since it would be almost impossible to travel the same way after. Your post has completely changed my views on family travel!

21. Kim says:

My family never traveled growing up and as a result most of them are a little fearful of people who don’t look, sound, or think like them. I love to travel but still get a little nervous of the unknown. I think taking your kids on trips lessens the chance they will be afraid to explore and accept other people and ideas. If I can give that gift, I think it’s way more valuable than any toy, gadget, or material thing we could purchase.

22. Paul says:

Let’s get real. Your daughter gets dragged along because YOU want to travel, not because its good for her. It’s sickening to read all the self-serving excuses why dragging children along is “good for them”.

23. NiceSharky says:

I totally agree that world travel with kids can be an extraordinary experience. We started with Paris at age 4 and then grew more adventurous as my daughter did (Thailand, Turkey, Italy, Japan, UAE, etc). and she always wants to go back to Paris to play in the gardens and visit the museums. She wants to know the story behind every work of art…made me study up on history! At 6yo, she’s now reading Thea Stilton adventures that revisit the places she has been and the history we have discussed. She is also learning how to handle things going wrong…being resourceful and flexible…she’s grown more self-confident. As a parent, I cherish the opportunity to share my world perspective with my daughter.

24. Joe S says:

Wow Paul,
    You need a vacation. It’s going to be “good for you” whether you like it or not. That’s my opinion of your view though and am glad I can share my opinion freely just like you did.
    I am so lucky that I was dragged along on family vacations, even though I didn’t want to go. Looking back on them now 30-40 years later, I realize that they ALL were “good for me”. Including the trips where the car broke down, bats got in our tent, ran out gas, got rained on, and had some great family times.
    I can’t wait until I can drag my now 3 month old grand daughter with me all over the neighborhood and world. Maybe we’ll all be in the same row on a flight and she can tell you her opinion of being dragged along, Paul.
    Happy trails hombre!

25. Victoria says:

Thanks for the lovely post! I particularly enjoyed what you said about having time to focus on each other. My daughter is my travel buddy, and it’s especially great when we can explore new places together – away from the daily tasks and distractions that make our time while she’s young so short.

26. Sean M. says:

Being an airline brat, I grew up traveling extensively. I was making solo trips to join up with my dad in Paris or London or New York by the time I turned 13. The life experiences that I gained from those travels hold me in good stead even today. One of my most marketable business skills is my ability to go into a foreign country sight unseen and sort out issues on the ground quickly and efficiently. I can pretty much thank my childhood travels for helping develop that and I’m sure your daughter will think the same 20-30 years from now.

PS. She will however curse you for getting her hooked on premium travel at a young age. That can become an expensive habit.

27. Kendra says:

Great post. Keep ‘em coming.

28. Nancy says:

Great article! I agree with everything you said.

29. Rob says:

I have memories from places and things my parents said I experienced at ages 3-4, so I totally believe she is remembering and will remember things you do now. But you’re also instilling something sadly lacking in many Americans – a love of the new and different. And a feel that getting off a plane somewhere where the language is different is normal. My first international trip (by air) was when I was 16 (to Italy) and that set burning a fire that has had me live in 3 different countries from where I was born. Most recently, much to my Canadian friends’ chagrin, on this side of the Canada/US border.

30. TJ says:

Nice post. I traveled quite a bit growing up and as others have mentioned, the love of travel wasn’t the only benefit from being exposed to different cultures and places as a child. Being comfortable around and able to relate to and work with those from different countries (whether I’m in their country or they are here) is definitely helpful in international business and would not have come as easily for me without those experiences as a child.

31. Well said! Just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand with our 5 year old. Amazing trip! I pulled him out of school for 2 weeks to do it. Absolutely no regrets.

32. BOShappyflyer says:

I agree with you completely, even though I don’t have any kids. My family didn’t travel a lot when I was a kid (just weren’t in the financial position to, I guess), but we’re now making up for lost time. I take my parents out for vacation, joined by my siblings, and the trips taken over the last couple of years have been very memorable for all of us (regardless of whether we sit in economy or business). Mostly, we care about the destinations (and we mostly fly economy to save on miles because it’s harder to plan for a family), but my parents were awfully surprised when we kids surprised them with business class seats on a long-haul on a trip to the land down under. They’ve never flown business class before and were both so excited like little kids. It’s fun to watch. :)

Great post. I really enjoy your post and little C couldn’t be more adorable. She’s grown so big now. Just adorable.

33. Erik says:

Good post. I really don’t get the criticism – perhaps it is done out of a bit of jealousy? The biggest economic barrier to far-flung travel for the average American family is probably airfare and possibly hotels. The whole theme of your blog and others is that you can remove this barrier simply through a strategic household spending plan (and possibly a little MS, LOL). My daughters are ages 3 and 5. We have taken them to the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Bahamas, Hawaii, NYC, CA, FL, TX, and other places in the US. Next month we will visit Australia. We usually book our flights in economy using miles, companion certs, or mistake airfares (AU will be the exception – a 15hr. flight is worth blowing extra miles for biz). Our lodging is usually a combination of hotel points, timeshare points, or vacation rentals. Because of the miles/points factor, I spend about the same amount of money in a 2-week period as my friends/neighbors who drive 8-12 hours to the beach, mountains, etc. (we live in the Midwest). I believe our choices reward us with more culturally enriching experiences for our vacation spend that will help my girls be open-minded to differences and more considerate of others. I know they remember the trips because 1) they incorporate things they’ve seen/done into their play, 2) they willingly ask for books from the library on vacation-related topics – how many 3 year olds ask for a book about Van Gogh? – and 3) they can look at the vacation pictures any time on the iPad to keep the memories alive. Even more interesting – they are now proposing destinations because they know that daddy can possibly get them there! Traveling as a family vs. a couple is way different, because you see things from another perspective. For example, I would have never known that there was a playground near the Eiffel Tower if my daughter was not with us. Many Americans are happy to go to the lake cottage every weekend or do lots of car trips inside North America…and that’s fine. I prefer to spend that same amount of money for a different experience, leveraging miles/points to make it happen. Neither way is right or wrong – to each their own.

34. Amy says:

Thank you for this post!! So many times I have family and friends telling me I should just leave my kids behind when I travel because they won’t remember or appreciate the trip. I never understood that mentality. My children have leared so much and have such an appreciation for other cultures as a result of their travels. They still talk about trips we took even 3 or 4 years later. The small moments that really made a impact on them. And frankly, each time I do have to travel without them, I spend the whole trip making comments about how much they would love what I am seeing/doing. In fact I have actually returned to places with my kids because I wanted them to see and experience the things I did.

35. JeffISU says:

Great post, agree with everything here. Travel because you want to have great experiences with your family together. We took off to Hong Kong/Singapore without our kids for 2 weeks which was great too. But truly enjoy trips with our kids too. Maybe I’m reading a bit too much between the lines but the post sounds like it was a bit towards those negative posters (like Paul, above). I have commented before that I don’t understand all the negativity from commenters who are so kid unfriendly.. if you don’t share the values of the blog, why visit to just disagree?

36. Andy says:

@Paul… Seriously? People like you sadden me. How jaded and jealous are you? It’s clear to anyone that MP loves her daughter hugely and would never put her well being at risk. Personally I agree that travel opens the mind and spirit even for the very young. I’m guessing you never left your hometown for decades, hence your close minded hatefulness.

37. Coolfam says:

I love that you took your daughter to Paris! This was a wonderful article. We have taken our kids on many vacations and left them with grandparents for some. I agree it really does bond us and create memories and we do stuff together that we wouldn’t normally do at home. Playing mini golf together is something we often do travelling but they’re not interested in it when we’re at home! Our kids loved NYC and want to go back but didn’t care for Washington DC. We have 3 kids, one being a teenager. We haven’t booked 2 rooms for a family of 5 yet but you really have to look around for options like condos or family type rooms. A room with two double beds and a pull out couch can often be found. My friend recently went to Dominican Republic and found a room for her family of five. In Canada, we don’t seem to have all the awesome points offered on credit cards as in the U.S. but I’m always looking and searching. Keep writing and traveling – I think traveling when they’re young is the way to go. If we mention a trip to Europe – our older kids don’t get it!! They’re wondering what they’ll do there. We tell them traveling is more than water slides and amusement parks!

38. Jamie says:

Totally agree, mommypoints. I’ve got to go back and start reading your series about your trip to Paris. My husband and I loved Paris on our own, and we loved it when we took our 4 and 6 year olds. The best parts were being in the parks and playgrounds with the kids playing with French speaking kids they’d just met. It makes me want to go back just thinking about it.
    @Paul – I’m not sure MP meant that the ‘motivation’ for the trip is that it is good for little C. I think it’s that there are a whole slew of motivations, yes, the main one perhaps being that the person planning the trip wants to go on it and loves travel. But that part of the motivation, or at least a side effect, is that this is also a good thing for the kid. I think it’s too simplistic to try to pick out just one reason why we travel.

39. Buddha says:

pulled him out of school for two weeks–self entitle hooey if u ask me.

40. pippa says:

@Paul, I agree with you. Everyone who entered comments just don’t get the point that you are making. Everyone is talking about their “family vacations and bonding”. Well I don’t recall Daddy going on the trip. So couldn’t family bonding time with a spouse with limited vacation time have been better served by the ENTIRE family maybe go to a national park in the USA. Oh wait, domestic flights at 25,000 miles a pop, THAT’S NOT A GOOD VALUE. That my friends, is the point.

41. […] I’m pretty easy going with a lot of things in life (or at least I (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});try to be), but like with most people, there are some topics that I’m pretty passionate about.  Given what I spend my time writing about, it shouldn’t be a shocker than family travel is pretty high on that list.  I’m passionate about the role that travel can play in the development and connectedness of all of us, but especially for kids.  Of course, I know that not everyone shares that mentality, or applies it in the same way as my family does, but I hope that this blogs helps spread the message that not only can family travel be done in an affordable and comfortable way (thanks miles and points), but that the importance of travel with your family goes well beyond a cute profile photo on Facebook. Read full article […]

42. […] I’m pretty easy going with a lot of things in life (or at least I try to be), but like with most people, there are some topics that I’m pretty passionate about.  Given what I spend my time writing about, it shouldn’t be a shocker than family travel is pretty high on that list.  I’m passionate about the role that travel can play in the development and connectedness of all of us, but especially for kids.  Of course, I know that not everyone shares that mentality, or applies it in the same way as my family does, but I hope that this blogs helps spread the message that not only can family travel be done in an affordable and comfortable way (thanks miles and points), but that the importance of travel with your family goes well beyond a cute profile photo on Facebook. Read full article […]

43. Lively says:

MP you are a genius. I loved this post…it’s so true. We took our kids on an RTW trip last summer. When I see them using the pics I took from Singapore and China as their Facebook profile pic….I know I did the right thing.

44. Denise L says:

Just curious – did your husband get to go on this trip too? I thought he wasn’t going but another post sounded like he did.

Anyway, I love your post. We have always travelled internationally with our daughter since she was 2 mainly because we had travelled a lot and didn’t want to stop because it was harder with a child. I always said that I would rather change diapers in Europe than at home. However we do have it easier with only one child. Although she may not have memories of her earlier trips, I do think the travel is shaping her into the flexible and adaptable person she is today.

Wow – thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts and stories! I love hearing from others who are also committed (or at least open to) family travel!

Denise, we met my mom and aunt in Paris on this trip. My husband couldn’t make it due to a work conference and limited vacation days.

46. Joe S says:

Pipa it seems like you don’t get the point of Paul’s accusatory remarks.

47. cmtrepp says:

I just loved this post! You just keep it up. My son started traveling with us when he was just 6 months old, and now that he’s 24, he says that he’s thankful for all the multi-cultural exposures that he’s had…. China, Mexico, South America, Europe, etc. He learned, first hand, that everyone isn’t just like us. And he became more empathetic about the whole human race, I believe.
    Who knows? but, if you can do it, why not??

48. Michelle says:

I completely agree with you! Your post inspired me to write one of my own. I am expecting my first child soon, and can’t wait to travel all over with them. Thanks for such a great post!

49. […] Mommy Points on the importance of taking your kids on your trips: […]

50. Ang says:

Great post Mommy Points! I know this is a little off topic, but it would be awesome if you could do a review/post on your trip to Disneyland Paris! If not, don’t worry. I’d love to make it there one day.