The last several summers the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express credit card has upped its sign-up bonus from a total of 25,000 to a total of 30,000 points for a limited time.  Of course, historical patterns are never a guarantee things will happen that way again, but in this case the pattern has pretty much held!  I haven’t yet seen a public offer for 30,000 points, but those who have the SPG Amex cards can refer others to the temporarily increased 30,000 point sign-up bonus for the business or personal SPG American Express credit cards!  Getting as many SPG points as possible via the sign-up bonus is important since SPG points are one of the harder currencies to earn.

The email I received stated the following:

And for a limited time, each friend can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints: 10,000 Starpoints after their first purchase on the Card in addition to 20,000 Starpoints after they make $5,000 in purchases within their first 6 months of Card Membership. Referrals need to occur by June 30, 2014 and your friend must be approved by June 30, 2014 to be eligible for this limited time offer.

If you are a cardmember yourself this is a good time to refer your partner, parents, friends, etc.  You will only be able to refer for the type of card that you have.  Your friends/family will get the best sign-up bonus I have seen for this card, and you will get 5,000 SPG points per referral, up to 55,000 SPG points per calendar year.  Everyone wins!  Though the last time I participated in one of these referral things that tracking of points for the one making the referrals was hit or miss at best, hopefully things have improved since then!

SPG Limited Time Offer

Referrals need to occur by June 30, 2014 and your friend must also be approved by June 30, 2014 to be eligible for this limited time offer.

I’ll post more about this offer soon, but in the mean time if you would like a referral to the SPG business or personal card for a total of 30,000 points I’m happy to refer you since between my husband and I we have both cards.  Just send me your first name, last name, whether you want a biz or personal referral, and email address to mommypoints at mommypoints.com and I’ll get your referral sent out.

You can also make your own referrals if you have one of these cards using the link below:

Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Card Business Referral

Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Card Personal Referral

If you want to refer others you can also feel free to leave your email address in the comments section if you are so inclined.  I don’t know about you, but I’m loving all these awesome increased sign-up bonuses!

33 Responses to “30,000 Points Starwood Preferred Guest Amex Offer Is Back for Limited Time Via Referrals!”

1. Joe Schneider says:

Are you sure the referral link you send says 30k? Someone else sent me a referral and it still had old 25 k offer.

• Mommy Points says:

Joe, I’ve sent myself a test referral that hasn’t shown up yet, but if it says the referral should be for 30k I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be unless there is just a glitch in the system while stuff gets rolling. I’ll update when my test referrals come through.

2. Jamie says:

If you are looking for another referral option…I’d be more than happy to refer you! Email me at jdscott44 (at) gmail

• Mommy Points says:

My test referral came through at 30,000 points, so Joe I would just ask for a referral from someone else and try again. Or try that same person again with a fresh referral email.

3. Mike says:

I’d be happy to refer people for the personal card! mbiversonAThotmailDOTcom

4. Shannon says:

I’ve got the personal, and would be happy to refer. I’d like to apply for the business versions so if someone wants to refer me, I’ll use your link. thecottagehome@mac.com

5. fred says:

I’ll also love to refer anyone interested for the personal card.
    Please email me: funkdrr@yahooDOTcom.
    Thanks

6. Elizabeth says:

I referred my husband and about an hour later he received another referral from SPG. Make sure anyone you refer applies through your link….don’t want to miss out on 5k points!

7. LUH Prem says:

I have referrals for both cards available.

LIHPrem at gmail.com

8. Bert says:

I can also refer someone to the personal spg credit card. Email me at bencar31@yahoo.com

9. Phil says:

My wife is trying to go for platinum this year and she already has both the personal and the business spg cards. If i apply for the personal and the business spg cards but put her spg number on the application, will the award credits count towards the 25 she needs?

10. Tom says:

Hope Amex would increase signup bonus for their everyday cards !!!

11. FirstClassRocks says:

I can refer anyone for the personal card! You can email me at firstclassrocks(at)yahoo(dot)com

12. Chuck says:

If I have already had and cancelled the SPG personal and the SPG business under business number 1 can I still get the bonus if I apply under business number 2?

• Mommy Points says:

Chuck, some have had luck getting it for a second business. However, in the post May 1st days where Amex reportedly is tightening up on getting the sign-up bonus again I can’t say with certainty.

13. misty says:

I just finished churning a Personal card and the final 15 k just posted yesterday.
    Any chance they would bump it to 30K and what is the best way to contact SPG

• Mommy Points says:

Misty, you can call or secure message/chat Amex online and ask. They used to be much more willing to do this than they are now, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

14. Kathy says:

Happy to refer people. KCarter29072@aol.com

15. Chris D says:

Happy to refer people as well. I have referrals for both the personal and business cards. Please email me at cdoobiest@hotmail.com.

Thanks

16. Jeffrey says:

I’m only seeing referral options for the personal card through that link, not the biz card, even though I have both. Sent a test just in case… and happy to refer other people, at least to the Personal until I figure out the biz! (stckfigure at a o l dot com)

17. Kim says:

I’ve never had a SPG card and received an invite from SPG for the increased signup bonus in my email last night. The offer says that I can apply four days early for the increased bonus. Sounds like everyone can apply in four days with or without a referral link.

18. hoglard1 says:

I’m happy to refer folks for either a personal SPG or a business SPG. I’m at rafriedrich@gmail.com. Amex wants an email address, first name, and last name for the referral. Thanks!

19. hoglard1 says:

I’m happy to refer folks for either a business or personal SPG. Email me at rafriedrich@gmail.com and please let me know if you want a business or personal SPG, (or both!) and include your first name, last name, and email address (that’s what Amex asks for). Many thanks!

20. Highlighter says:

I’d be more than happy to send a PERSONAL spg amex referral to those who need it too… Just Email me at nihon_no_keix2@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance! :)

21. TerryH says:

I’ll be happy to refer both the personal and business.

Just send me a note: vike80@gmail

22. Julie says:

I’d like to refer anyone for a personal. jgkcat@yahoo.com Thanks!

23. Nick says:

I would love to refer someone. Please email me noch98@yahoo.com with full name! thanks for helping me out!

24. Tressa says:

Can I please a referral for the personal SPG card? Thanks so much!!

25. Andrew says:

Happy to refer someone for the personal. Email me at wdsm2010@gmail.com.