Over the weekend the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest personal and business credit cards increased their sign-up bonus from a total of 25,000 to a total of 30,000 SPG points.  This typically happens just once a year at some point in the summer, and due to the very high value of SPG points it is worth paying attention to even though it is “just” a 5k increase.

For the first day or two you had to be referred by a current SPG Amex cardholder to get the increased bonus, but now the bonus is open to anyone via the links below (for those curious, those are not my affiliate links, just the best offer out there).

Starwood Preferred Guest Personal Credit Card from American Express

Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express

Both award 10,000 Starpoints after their first purchase on the Card in addition to 20,000 Starpoints after they make $5,000 in purchases within their first 6 months of Card Membership.

SPG Amex 30,000

Note that the terms state: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months” for the business card and “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product” for the personal card.

All that said, if you are feeling a bit generous, I would try and get referred by someone as they will get an extra 5,000 SPG points for referring you (up to a max of 55,000 points per calendar year).  You will still get the exact same 30k offer, but you will add a little extra “free” travel to someone else’s account.  Obviously if you have a spouse, partner, family member, or friend that can refer you then I would use their referral to keep the points “in the family”.  However, even helping out an internet stranger must count for something in your travel karma bank account.  You can find offers from people ready and willing to refer in the comments section of this post, and anyone is welcome to leave that info in the comments section of this post as well.

20140413-200606.jpg

Westin Whistler for 12k SPG Points per night!

I’m also more than happy to refer anyone if you like (email me mommypoints at mommypoints.com), but would really love to see the travel karma spread around some between Mommy Points readers!   You do have to be willing to share your name and email address in order to get a referral.

Referrals and approvals need to occur by June 30, 2014 to be eligible for this limited time offer, so I wouldn’t wait too long if you are interested.  Also note that you can only refer for the exact card type that you have.  This means if you have the personal card, you can’t refer someone for the business card so keep that in mind when locating or offering out a referral.  If you want to send out a referral to a friend or family member, here are the links you can use below.

Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Card Business Referral

Amex Starwood Preferred Guest Card Personal Referral

Now may be the perfect time to get that friend or family member of yours into the miles and points game.  They get what is likely the best offer of the year for these cards, and you get a little something extra for your efforts.  Just be sure to stick around and help them learn how to redeem their SPG points, too!

19 Responses to “Increased Amex SPG 30,000 Point Offer Now Open to All!”

1. Danh says:

Hi,

Thanks Summer for the post. Let me know if you need a referral link. I can refer both personal and business version of the card. :)

2. I can provide referral links to the personal SPG card. This card helped me take my family to Kauai a couple of weeks ago so I’m a huge fan of it! :)

• patrick says:

Chrissy Snyder, how many points you used in kauai & for how many days???

mommy point: sure thanks for your input.

• We used 40,000 miles each for 3 on USAirways for our award travel from PHX to LIH. I booked in February for a May trip so I’m sure there are better redemption values if you book further out. My husband got the USAirways card with the 40,000 mile bonus and then we transferred points from his SPG to his USAirways account. With some miles he already had, it was enough for 2 of our tickets. The 3rd ticket was through my USAirways account.

My email address for anyone wanting a referral is: crsnyder4ATgmailDOTcom

• Oops, sorry Patrick, we stayed for 6 nights at the Kauai Marriott Resort. I used Marriott points for that. I’ll be writing about that trip on my blog linked above. Check back there for more details as I get the posts up.

And Thanks MP for the tip on adding the email. I forgot that they aren’t published above! ;)

3. patrick says:

like your post as always..
    i’vn’t signed up any hotel cards yet…
    currently i’ve sapphire card that i’m using and applied ink plus last week but hvn’t heard from them yet….

thinking about hotel cards…
    is SPG better than Club carlson?
    like to hear your opinion.
    thanks

4. Patrick says:

i always like to read ur post….
    quick question.
    i already hv chase sapphire card and applied ink plus last week. i hvn’t heard from them yet.

i’m also thinking to get hotel card..
    is SPG vs Club Carlson.
    which is better deal you think.
    thanks

5. Mommy Points says:

Just a tip for anyone who want to refer others…it would be helpful to leave your email address otherwise no one will be able to find you. ;)

Patrick, I have both the SPG and Club Carlson cards and love both. The last award night free with Club Carlson is killer. That said, this SPG bonus typically only increases once per year so there is value in getting in on that.

6. Rob says:

I’m happy to refer people for the personal SPG card! Send your name/email to rma12491 at gmail.com and I’ll get it sent over to you. Thanks!!

7. Jake Bloomfield says:

nighripper1@gmail.com if you’d like to be referred. Attempting to maximize Starwood points for a honeymoon! Appreciate the help!

8. Randy B says:

for a referral, please email enron0880@hotmail.com. I’m trying to get enough points to take my 4 kids on a summer vacation! Thanks Mommy Points!!

9. I would be all over this if I didn’t fall under the “have had” category. SPG Amex is a great card to have!

10. Nick H says:

If anyone is looking for a business card referral, e-mail me at flourescentlights@live.com

Thanks in advance.

11. Kathy Carter says:

I would love to refer anyone. Send me an email at KCarter29072@aol.com

12. Mark Z says:

I am willing to provide targeted SPG Amex referral emails for either personal or business accounts.
    Provide your name and email to mzldc@hotmail.com

13. Gabriel says:

I can do a BUSINESS card referral in case people wanted one of those instead of personal. *csubomb05* at *yahoo* dot com

14. Andrew says:

Happy to refer for the personal SPG Amex. wdsm2010@gmail.com

15. Eric says:

Would love to refer for personal or business as well. I earn points for a family of five so every bit helps! Thanks for considering me. elriddle@gmail.com