Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
United is sending out targeted invitations to earn 3x redeemable miles on round trip flights from July 1 – August 31 on newly purchased tickets in select premium cabin fare classes. This will apply to the fare classes F, A, J, C, and D – all of which are in premium cabins (and usually pricey). Note that this is 3x on the base earnings, not the bonuses you get for elite status or fare classes. You need to register for this offer in order to participate.
Minus finding an “oops” fare, I can’t imagine a scenario where I will get to put this offer to use myself, but wanted to mention it in case you were eligible and end up buying a ticket in one of those fare classes this summer. You can check to see if your account is eligible here, or look for an email with the subject line “Limited Time: Earn Triple Miles When You Fly United”.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by August 31, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: June 16, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
4. Complete travel between: July 1, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
5. Offer is valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, and D fare classes.
6. Triple award miles is defined as three award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
8. Bonus miles may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
10. The offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.