UPDATE:  The winners (listed below) have been randomly selected and contacted by email.  Thank you to all those readers who participated!

• Tova
  • Cindy
  • Pawtim
  • Sharon
  • dctravel
  • Natalie
  • Lis

This morning we are taking a brief time out from miles, points, and travel info to share some Mommy Points shirts and bears as a thank you for you spending part of your day with us here on this site!  I would love to be able to add a photo of your traveling family to our traveling families page here!  We have a couple different styles of shirts, and some Mommy Points aviator bears in case comfy t-shirts aren’t your type of thing.   You can check out some of the available goodies here.

Shirt

To enter to get some swag, just share the summer vacation you have most enjoyed, or are most looking forward to.  We will randomly select 15 winners from everyone who enters before Monday June 30th at 11:59PM Central.  We will post the winners here, as well as via en email notification (so use an email address you check when you leave a comment).

I look forward to hearing about some awesome summer trips – hopefully aided by miles, points, and travel deals!

20140629-085217-31937969.jpg

Enjoying a summer trip to the Texas coast

41 Responses to “Share a Story, Win Some Swag!”

1. My favorite summer vaca was last summer. Used miles and points to go to London, Singapore and Koh Samui, Thailand. It was beautiful and the Conrad Koh Samui was legit.

2. tova says:

I hope to travel to the Pacific Northwest this August

3. Gary Leff says:

Finally going to check out the Andaz Maui which didn’t open in time for last summer’s trip. Thanks to cash and points it is affordable amd will help requalify for Diamond status. And upgrades were confirmed at booking when the flights were available for cheap… Great review of the property last year at Mommy Points!

4. kevin says:

Taking my little ladies to all the beaches we can find to finally stock the house with pretty shells, not just the broken stuff, but real big nice conch shells. That will be sweet!

5. Evan says:

Last summer – 4 days in Singapore flying Singapore First thanks to the July 2012 United MileagePlus booking glitch. Loved the flights and Singapore!

6. Theresa says:

This summer the kiddos and I will be checking out Orlando for the first time. Couldn’t do it without miles and points. Harry Potter World…here we come!

7. Jonathan says:

Going to Milan World Expo in 2015

8. Amanda says:

I am excited to celebrate my 12th anniversary with my husband (kid free) next month in Maui! We will spend 4 nights at Andaz Maui thanks to the free night certificates we got with the Hyatt credit card. Our flights are paid for with avios, and our car rental will be covered with our Barclay Arrival points!

9. sil says:

I can’t wait till August when I have a 3 week vacation to Europe (Portugal, Switzerland and Spain). Mostly using Hotel points and air miles.

10. Elizabeth says:

We enjoyed getting out of the Texas heat with our trip to Oregon & Washington this summer. Went hiking, saw many waterfalls and our teenagers even got to play in the snow on Mt. Rainier. Used our Southwest companion passes we earned in March and our 10 hotel nights all paid with Hyatt points!

11. DrSifu says:

Maui, Summer 2015 with all three of my beautiful girls.

12. steve says:

growing up fishing on amelia island, FL every summer visiting grandmother’s house.

13. Anywhere there is an ocean!! Most recently our first trip to Kauai in May. For that trip all flights and hotel were paid for with miles and points. Coming up a I have a business/personal trip to Huntington Beach and my family is coming along for some fun in the sun. I’ll earn some valuable Hilton points for this trip which I’m planning to use for a summer 2015 trip to the Hilton in Cabo San Lucas.

14. Suzanne says:

my 11yo niece and I just returned from 10 day trip to Paris and London last night (cities full due to Paris air show and wimbleton). I used my BA points and travel together certificate for Club World flights. I used Spg points and a gold 25% points discount for our London hotel. Points savings allowed me to splurge – In Paris, lunch at Laduree, tours behind the scenes at a macaron/chocolate shop and then baguette/croissants meeting bakers/pastry chefs and enjoying samples. In London,the Harry Potter studio tour was a highlight! Great trip made possible by points and nice change from being solo traveler to family traveler.

15. Chris C. says:

My wife and I just returned from a trip to South Africa to celebrate our eleven year anniversary. The trip was done all on points. We used US Airways Dividend Miles to get to South Africa. We also took advantage of a free stopover in Istanbul. We booked our hotel stay in Istanbul at the Radisson Blu Pera using Club Carlson points. In South Africa, we used Hyatt points to stay at the Hyatt Regency Oubaai. It was an incredible trip that I will always remember. My favorite part was being able to experience it all with my best friend.

16. Anita says:

Looking forward to a trip my husband and I are taking alone with our youngest (age 10) to Washington DC in a few weeks. Flying on United vouchers from a mess-up they made a year ago; staying at IHG for 3 nights (2 on CC free nights, 1 points) and the rest of the time at the Capital Hilton to take advantage of our Hilton Diamond status.

My daughter loves bears :)

17. Frank says:

Hey MommyPoints! I would like to enter the contest!

My family and I had a great time at Hershey Park in Hershey, PA a few weeks ago. I was able to use SPG points to book a room in Harrisburg, PA and I used Arrival miles to pay for the tickets for the park (although I had to open up a ticket which was eventually taken care of by the friendly CSRs at Barclays because of the way the park codes their transactions). It was wonderful seeing my sons face light up when the Hersey Kiss character came over to shake his hand.

Looking forward to more little (and big) trips like this in the future!

18. Kathy says:

Our family went on a cruise in May and had a blast. After comparing prices, I decided to book a suite through the United Cruises website. They were very helpful and we earned over 21,000 United miles in addition to the basic miles for using the United card. We were even upgraded right before the cruise to an extended balcony because of a price drop. We charged our Sail and Sign expenses to our Barclays card and our excursion at a local resort in the bahamas so our activities were paid for with points. Last weekend, my husband and I used some SPG points to go to the Westin in Hilton Head, SC for 2 nights to lounge around the pool, walk on the beach and have some couple time. Our October trip is the one I am probably most proud of though. We are going to San Antonio for a wedding. We are flying out a few days early so that we can explore a little bit of Texas. We are staying 4 nights in the Homewood Suites on the Riverwalk all paid for with points. The day after the wedding, we are flying to San Francisco and staying at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. We used 4 free night certificates (both hubby and I had 2 each) and then we paid for the 5th night with hyatt points. Then we fly back home to SC. I used United miles for all legs of the trip. $25 taxes total. I can’t wait!

19. Krystyna says:

One of my favorite childhood trips was to Yellowstone National Park. My parents took my brother and I there when we were in elementary school. Getting away from big cities and seeing the wonders of nature is something you can’t put a price tag on. We also earned our junior ranger badges there and were so proud.

20. lynn says:

Just got b

21. lynn says:

Just got back from my annual family beach trip to the Outer Banks NC. My parents, sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew, and myself spend a week together every year. This was our 17th year doing this. We love it. Not a lot of point/miles but I did payback my sister for my part of the food by a Bluebird check.

22. Nick O says:

My wife and I are heading on our first points/miles vacation this summer. I’ve used some points/miles for other trips, but this one sees all 12 nights paid for with points, and all flights with miles. I’ll get to knock 3 states off my list (Idaho, Oregon, Washington) and hopefully have lots of fun

23. We just spent 17 days in Ireland, England and Scotland with our 3 and 6 year olds and it was fabulous! We go every year, but this year was particularly fun because the 3 year old is finally really into seeing things with her big brother. We explored castles, looked for leprechauns (!) toured abbeys, and had a great time. We are such big proponents of family travel and trips like this are way. And we leave for 12 days in Jackson Hole in a week and I know that will be fabulous too! Used miles for airfare and some hotels.

24. Cindy says:

We went to Japan last November, using only miles and points. We flew first class roundtrip and stayed in Hilton, Conrad, Park Hyatt and Westin. All for free!

25. Kyle B says:

I’m super excited for my trip next week to Hong Kong! It was a mistake fare and would have never imagined going this year

26. Pawtim says:

I’m looking forward to taking my family to Ireland at the end of the summer!

27. Broc says:

My favorite summer vacation has to be my 40th birthday vacation, which covered France, Switzerland, and Belgium. It was my third visit to Europe, and I think I got the flow for how I like to visit Europe right. The highlight was climbing to the top of Schilthorn – Piz Gloria, in the Berner Oberland. The lowlight was that I darn near missed the last cable car to return downhill to Muerren, when I was already pretty wiped out.

28. Kim says:

We are leaving in 15 short days for 3 days in Las Vegas and then 7 days in Kauai. We are using miles from the Hawaiian Airlines card and Chase UR and SPG points to stay at the Grand Hyatt and Westin Princeville. Beyond excited to share this with our 7 year old!

29. Dina says:

Parents, Grandsparents, aunts, cousins, siblings, and kids annually, like the yearly salmon runs upriver, lemmings to the water, or migration of Canadian geese, make our way every year to Falmouth, Ma (Cape Cod). At which location we play in the beach, eat out, play outdoor and indoor games, mini golf, read, and somehow manage to get along.

With the success of my husbands family trip I’ve even managed to get my sister and parents to participate most years and we somehow manage not to kill each other, relax, and have fun!

I can’t wait to do it again this summer!

30. Sharon says:

With the grand parents won’t or can’t fly to the west coast to visit us, we started taking the kids to visit them, flying on Delta points to Florida and on AA points to China past two Christmas and redeeming points for hotels. And just this month, we took the kids to New Jersey to visit my husband’s family and tour all his childhood hangout places and hear all his stories(again!) My kids had tons of fun meeting their great grandma and their youngest cousin, all in one day! After Jersey, we went to Ocean City Maryland and Philadelphia, and now we are in Washington. 2 1/2 weeks of hotel all on points! Somehow the kids are rating this trip higher than all other trips to Hawaii and Mexico.

31. Kevin says:

Currently enjoying a great 10 year anniversary trip with my wife. We started at the Andaz Maui and are currently at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. We never could have afforded to stay places like this without blogs like yours. We’re already talking about how we can bring the whole family here sometime.

32. Eric says:

We took our son to Disney World for the first time last fall and loved every minute of it. The memory of his smile when he met Buzz and Woody will last forever. We used the SW companion pass for flights, alternated our Club Carlson reservations and accounts to get 8 free nights instead of 4, and bought Disney gift cards at Office Max to get 5x points with Ink card.

33. Smita says:

Am enjoying my first vacation with baby to meet all family, friends& relatives…the joy u got introducing the newest member of the family is too sweet..

34. dctravel says:

This is a tough question. I loved the first time I took my kids to Disney. To see the wonder through their eyes was amazing. I also loved my first trip to Israel as an adult (not that there was anything wrong with my trips as a kid!). It was great to see the country not through the window of a charter bus filled with a tour group!

dctravel (Jake_

35. bayguy says:

Just came back from a 17 day Australia vacation. We covered Sydney, Melbourne, Uluru, Cairns and Darwin and had a wonderful time there. Coming back to summer from winter is little difficult.

This beats the last year vacation to Europe(Venice, Rome, Pisa, Paris, Madrid which were hot in June).

36. Natalie says:

I’m really looking forward to a trip to northern MI this summer with my family!

37. Matt says:

Flying to PDX over Labor Day weekend this year to explore Mt. Hood, see the coast, and try all the local breweries and winery tours.

38. Lis says:

We haven’t taken any major summer trips yet, but we’re planning on going to Europe some time next summer. My husband has never been out of the country, so he’s excited to see the world a bit, and hopefully we can hit at least 3 or 4 countries!

39. Kevin says:

Did I win a pilot bear?

• Mommy Points says:

Kevin, I think that all the winners were contacted the lady who helps me with these sort of things, but let me double check and get the winners posted here as an update. Stay tuned!