Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Even though air travel is simply amazing if you think about it, we all have airline gripes and horror stories these days about too many fees, delayed or cancelled flights, rude service, long lines, etc. Now the airline everyone loves to hate, Spirit Airlines, is rewarding our gripes by handing out 8,000 Spirit miles to anyone who wants to fuss about them or any other airline in 140 characters or less. Yes, really. Free miles for fussing online. They are calling it “hate thousand miles”.
I know that 85% of you will say (or think) “I wouldn’t fly Spirit if they paid me so who wants Spirit miles”, but for the other 15% that are open to the idea of free-ish travel thanks to the Spirit Airlines program, 8,000 miles is a big deal. 8,000 miles is enough for three one-way Spirit flights at the low level in some markets, such as Houston – Las Vegas if you have the Spirit Airlines credit card. If you don’t have the card you need 10,000 miles for a low level one-way ticket (which is likely why they can hand out 8,000 miles to anyone who wants!). You can buy the additional miles you want, though check and make sure the ticket you want isn’t cheaper than buying the miles. You can get miles from their dining program.
My parents use the 2,500 mile Spirit deal a bunch, and they love it. Yes Spirit miles expire quickly if you don’t use them, but if you have and use the co-branded credit card each month like they do that isn’t a problem. I even flew Spirit and survived and would do it again if the price was right. If you do fly Spirit, here are some tips to avoid their fees.
So who’s up for sharing some “hate” and getting free miles?!
Terms and conditions:
Miles will be posted to your FREE SPIRIT account within 10 days of submission. Each participant may receive one (1) offer. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes recipient’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of recipient’s name, likeness, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Submitting your hate feedback is not a means to submit correspondence to our Customer Support team. For assistance, visit customersupport.spirit.com.
Spirit will award up to one (1) billion miles for the Promotion and may modify or cancel the offer at any time. All award travel is subject to availability. The minimum miles required for one-way flight purchased with a Spirit World MasterCard credit card is 2,500 miles. The minimum miles required for a one-way flight purchased with any other credit or debit card is 10,000 miles. Miles may be used in combination with already accrued miles that are available in the member’s FREE SPIRIT account balance. FREE SPIRIT program terms and conditions apply. Visit spirit.com for more details, and to view your FREE SPIRIT account balance.
Thanks to Million Mile Secrets for sharing news of this fun hate thousand mile giveaway!