Before I share info about this deal, I want to mention the MH17 tragedy.  I don’t have plans to post on that event as I have no useful information to add other than to say news like that breaks my heart.  Truly.  Obviously it is the worst fear of travelers and their families alike.  Thoughts are with everyone involved.  I wish there was something more useful I could say or do, but at this moment thoughts and prayers are all I have.

If you want to play ball on Wrigley Field but aren’t ever going to make it on a Major League team, then this is your shot.  For just 2,500 points you and a guest can participate in a SPG softball game at Wrigley on August 1.  This is open to adults and children ages 13 and up and will also include food and a tour of the historic ballpark.

These 30 packages will go quickly – so move now if you want in on this.  Here is the info on the redemption:

Square off with other SPG® members at Wrigley Field. You and a guest* will participate in a members-only softball game in the outfield of the historic ballpark. After the game, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes tour of Wrigley with complimentary food and beverage. Step up to the plate with this exclusive opportunity.

This Chicago Cubs package includes:

• Two (2) tickets to play softball under the lights at Wrigley Field (while the Cubs are on the road) on Friday, August 1, 2014
  • Behind-the-scenes tour of Wrigley Field with complimentary food and beverage during the event

I really, really wish I could make it work to play there that night!  What an amazing opportunity for just 2,500 points.

17 Responses to “Play Softball in Wrigley Field for 2,500 SPG Points: Act Quickly”

1. John says:

Thank You for this link, i just signed up since I will be in Chicago that day anyway

2. Chris G says:

Thanks for the heads up MP. I just booked it. Wish I could take my son, but he is 12. What an amazing deal for 2,500 SPG points.

• Mommy Points says:

Chris, i hear 12 year olds look a lot like 13 year olds these days. ;)

• Chris G says:

haha. No need to mess up a good thing. I will definitely look into it for next year with my son if it is a neat experience. I can’t imagine it not being worth 1,250 points per person. I could probably eat that much worth of the included hot dogs/popcorn (taking into account Wrigley pricing).

Just booked the cheap 9k avios roundtrip HSV-ORD. I love the points game! Thanks again for all you do MP. Keep up the good work.

3. Robert says:

Just signed up — thanks for the heads up!!

4. Carlos says:

Does anyone know if I can redeem one of these packages for a friend of mine and their guest, or if I have to personally be there as the SPG member who purchased it?

• Mitch Cumstein says:

Book now, ask questions later!

• Chris G says:

Carlos,
      When I booked it, it asked for guest name 1 and 2 even though I was logged in. That seems to imply that the spg member doesn’t have to be there. I would book it before it disappears – only 6 available now.

• Mommy Points says:

Carlos, my guess is the SPG member has to be there, but that’s a guess.

5. I just wanted to say thanks for the way that you handled the MH17 tragedy. Obviously it’s a horrible tragedy, but I agree with you that for the most part there’s nothing for you or I (or other bloggers) to say.

I was kind of sad to see all across BA and P2B headlines about it….

• Mommy Points says:

Points With a Crew, I appreciate it. I think it’s one of those things that people just react so differently to. People used to writing out their thoughts on their blogs can naturally do that just to help themselves process I think. It can also feel disingenuous to not mention something so obviously related to travel, so I can absolutely see how people write about it, don’t write about it, etc. I honestly hadn’t planned to post anything today after the news broke, but on the other hand this sort of seemed like something that could be on someone’s “bucket list”, and we all know that you never know how much longer you have to check things off that list.

6. Rich A. says:

Boston or NYC and I would have jumped on this. BTW, there are 4 packages left!!!

7. Peter S says:

Just scored a package, One of my groomsmen is a huge Cubs fan.

8. Peter S says:

Carlos, you can redeem it for your friends. You don’t have to be there. Just put their name as guests on the form.

9. Corridor! says:

MP: Thank you for posting this! Myself and another FT member were able to score packages. I will definitely post a report after we get back!

Thanks Again!