If you are a tennis fan with some Starwood Preferred Guest points to spend, then be sure and check out the SPG Moments redemption opportunities that just came out for the US Open matches that will be happening in New York in late August and early September.  Some are auctions and some are fixed point redemption opportunities – I’m sure the final auction price will depend greatly on the associated match.

20140721-133951-49191740.jpg

I visited the SPG tent and watched some matches as part of the SPG US Open event last year (as a guest of SPG) and found it to be a really well done event.  Lots of food, lots of drinks. and even Monica Seles and autographed tennis balls (that I shared) on the night we visited!

20140721-133953-49193901.jpg

When I went last year I ran into several SPG junkies who had redeemed points or taken advantage of a pretty reasonably priced purchase option that went out last year.  I have plans to attend as a guest again this year, and am looking forward to it.  I hope to be lucky enough to run into more SPG points junkies/tennis fans!

20140721-133952-49192900.jpg

7 Responses to “Redeem SPG Points for US Open Tennis Events”

1. Joey says:

Cool! I go to the US Open every year (not as an SPG guest; just as a fan) but for some reason I never see the SPG tent anywhere.

• Mommy Points says:

Joey, it was inside a structure so not really visible if you were just walking by (maybe tent isn’t actually the best word) that I remember being on the left after we walked in a bit. You had to have some sort of tickets from a SPG Moments opportunity or something I believe to get in. I think it was kind of near another hospitality type “tent” put on by Chase(?), so perhaps they were all clustered together.

2. Santastico says:

On an unrelated topic, can you clarify to me how does the SPG Amex card works in terms of bonus points for using the card to pay for Starwood properties? I am a SPG Gold and used the card to pay my Starwood hotel bill. My understanding is that I would earn 2 points for every eligible dollar from Amex and 3 extra points from Starwood. Well, I got the 2 points from Amex but none from Starwood. When I contacted Starwood about that I was told to call Amex. When I called Amex I was told to call Starwood. I am now in this circle for almost 1 month and nobody seems to understand the benefits of the card.

• Mommy Points says:

Santastico, you do earn 2x points on the SPG card for SPG Hotel charges. That should be on your statement and then will post to your SPG account labeled as SPG credit card spending. The 3 points per (eligible) dollar you spend at SPG hotels as a Gold member will post directly to your SPG account and is totally separate of credit card spending. So, Amex will only know about the 2x points for the charges on your SPG Amex. The SPG program itself posts the 3x points for the hotel charges as a Gold member – that has nothing to do with the SPG Amex itself. Hope that helps some!

3. David says:

Just picked up a pair of tickets through SPG for the final – not bad for 15k all-in!

4. Ket says:

David,
    How do you get a pair of tickets through SPG for 15K all-in?