**This offer has expired.  Please go to ‘Credit Card Offers’ on homepage for latest offer.

The United MileagePlus card issued by Chase has brought us an awesome limited time sign-up bonus offer that gives 50,000 miles after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months.  You can get an additional 5,000 miles when you add an authorized user who makes a purchase in the first three months.  That is up to 55,000 bonus miles just for getting a card and putting $2,000 in spending on it in three months.  I’ll never lose the adrenaline rush of so many miles for so little effort.

United MileagePlus® Explorer Card: 50,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 90 days+ additional 5,000 miles for authorized user that makes a purchase

Update: An even better offer that includes all of that plus a $50 statement credit has surfaced, so the links do not seem to be directly that offer to a useable application at this time.

The standard offer for this card is 30,000 miles, so obviously this is a big improvement.  Targeted offers for more than 30,000 miles are relatively common, but a public offer available with this many miles is not common for the United card.  This is one not to miss if you have been in the market for United miles.

In addition to the sign-up bonus miles, this card gives you your first checked bag free, priority boarding, two United Club passes each year, no foreign transaction fees, 2x miles on United, 1x on other purchases, and has a $0 intro fee the first year; $95 thereafter.  You can also earn an additional 10,000 miles if you spend $25,000 on the card in a year.

Unofficially having the card also seems to allow you to see some extra award inventory when logged into United.com – along the same line as what elite United flyers see.  No guarantees on that unofficial perk, but my family members who have the card have access to additional award availability over what my family members who do not have the card see.

While I haven’t been told an official end date for this limited time offer, I have seen this offer advertized as being available through September 2, 2014 as shown above, so I would assume that is the correct end date.

If you have had this card in the past, pay attention to the language in the terms that indicates:

This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months

Good luck if you go for the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card – that is a bunch of United miles, so stay tuned for posts on how to maximize those miles.

Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.
Disclaimer: The comments below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

19 Responses to “50,000 Miles for a Limited Time Via United MileagePlus Card”

1. caveman says:

Is there a way to know when the previous bonus was awarded? I had this card in the past but cannot recall when I got the bonus? I hope it was more than two years ago

2. Angela says:

I just applied and got instant approval! Thanks!
    I’ve had United card long time ago (before Continental merger), but since I’m approved, that would mean that I should still get the bonus, correct?

3. caveman says:

@ Angela: Simple approval does not guarantee bonus. But you seem to be OK since you last had your card before continental merger

4. Tony says:

My 91 day is about to hit and I was thinking about applying for the two following cards.

50,000 Mileage United Plus – Chase
    40,000 Points Chase Sapphire Preferred

Would I run into any problems applying for two chase cards on the same day?

Tony

5. abhishek says:

Is this the best offer. I heard there is also 50statemeny credit. You didn’t mention that mommy points ?

• Matt says:

My research team searched for all of 8 seconds and found a better offer.

Here you go: http://saverocity.com/pfdigest/dont-led-astray-heres-best-available-offer-united-card-55000-offer/

You get everything listed in this post, plus $50 too!

Cheers,

Matt

• Mommy Points says:

Matt, thanks for the info (no thanks for the bonus snark). Pretty sure there wasn’t one around working when this was written this morning, or at least not one I saw on the FT thread and other places I looked.

• Matt says:

Ha! Snark is free :)

I just copied the same comment into a ton of different blogs who all (by some twist of fate) found that there was a super offer available. Nothing personal!

Cheers,
          Matt

• Mommy Points says:

Matt, snark isn’t free. It is what makes the internet a sometimes nasty place without adding anything positive. The blogs found it at the same time because it wasn’t floating around this morning. Most of us don’t just throw up an offer without seeing if a better one is available. I truly appreciate you sharing the info, but think this would all be a lot better if it was shared in the interest of sharing and not in the interest of creating drama where there doesn’t need to be any.

Thanks again,
            S

• Matt says:

Hey,

I agree about the drama, so i’ll certainly bow out. But I think we know the reason that everyone found it at the same time is that it came in the form of an email from your affiliate manager.

Sorry for that being snarky, but really, all I see when I am shown the front page of BoardingArea is everyone pushing the same link, and it is often an inferior one. They don’t push it because it is an “Amazing Deal” they push it because it makes them money and they got told they could push something new.

It’s very different from someone actually going out there and finding a genuine deal.

As I said, I don’t read this blog, and just sent out the same generic message to the blogs that were pushing the same generic message of this card.

I’m glad that you have a positive attitude about it though, and are happy to see the new link being here.

Cheers,

Matt

• Mommy Points says:

Matt, partially true. There was an email that came out about the offer this morning from the affiliate network. We get those all the time about a million things, some good, some not – the next step is seeing if it is actually new info and/or is there something better. Since it was new as a public offer and there was nothing better floating around I posted it (as did others). Then this afternoon the new link surfaced about the time many of us had logged off for dinner and other Friday night happenings.

I’m always thrilled for a good offer to come out, I’m even more thrilled for an even better version of a good offer to be found. I have no control over what any other site on BoardingArea or elsewhere writes, but always happy to share news of a good offer here – snark free. Stop by anytime bringing new of great offers.

6. Mommy Points says:

Caveman, your credit report will show when you opened or closed an old account.
    Angela, before the merger you are good to go since that’s been two years.
    Tony, you likely won’t get automatic approval for both, but I have heard of folks getting two if you wanted to go for it.
    abhishek, I don’t know of any public offer better than this for the United card. Feel free to post a link if you have one though!

7. Dustin says:

Here’s the link to the better offer ( $50 statement credit):

• Mommy Points says:

Awesome! Just saw it on Twitter too. Didn’t see a working link for that offer when wrote the post this morning but will get it added soon as I’m back at a computer. Thanks!

8. kelly says:

Ok so I think my “credit card spreadsheet” is all correct. I look at it shows I closed my husband’s United in May 2012. So I think I am good for the “24 months” and apply for the card for him.

As usual it gets sent to a review. The rep is going over information with me and while this is happening I notice a typo in my spreadsheet! I actually closed this account in 2013! So it has only been 14 months! Great I think…a waste of a credit pull! But I am honest with the guy on the phone and tell him it looks like my husband had this card before. He looks in his records and doesn’t see a United card. I go back in my files and I give him the actual credit card number. He says he does not show this card and he can see past history. Hmmmmm.

He thinks I am going to get the bonus again. Me…not too sure especially with the language on the terms saying no. I hate to spend $2000 just to chance it and be turned down but going to try anyway!

9. Theo says:

The links for the application with 50K bonus points plus $50 credit indicate that one is leaving the chase site–then get one to United site. Calling the contact us number is only for existing card members. Bottom line–all are dead ends.

• Mommy Points says:

Theo, yeah my best guess is that that offer wasn’t really supposed to be public in the first place, so perhaps they have tightened it back up. Just a guess, but I can’t get to the actual app either.