Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Time for some quick miles and points updates so you don’t miss out on any easy opportunities to stretch your points and travel for less….
- Earn up to 1,500 SPG points by using SPG app to book stays. Between December 10th – March 31, 2015, you can get 500 bonus Starpoints per stay, on up to 3 stays, when you register for this offer and use the SPG app to book a stay a SPG hotel and pay with an Amex card. SPG points are hard to come by, so that is absolutely worth the effort in my opinion! Also remember that the Hyatt app is still offering 1,000 bonus points when you book stays via that app by the end of 2014.
- Tickets for FTU Dallas are now on sale and word is there are only a small handful of tickets left for the advanced sessions. If you want to attend the advanced sessions you probably need to pull the trigger ASAP. If you want the general sessions then you probably have some time to think about it.
- American Express is reportedly now not introducing the annual 250,o00 point transfer limits to Delta after all. That’s good news for those who earn lots of Membership Reward points and want to transfer them to Delta (and there are a few good reasons to do so). View From the Wing has all the details here.
- United has changed the process for using Global Premier Upgrades (earned by United 1Ks) on purchased Lufthansa operated flights. The system has moved online and you can now request the upgrade 331 days in advance where it can clear immediately or wait-list if there is no availability. Overall the changes are mostly positive, but there are a couple of somewhat negative additions to the process as well. You can get the full details from Lufthansa Flyer if this change impacts your travel patterns.
- There are some increased shopping portal payouts today in the American Airlines eShopping Portal such as 15x at Saks, 10x at Groupon, and 14x at Famous Footwear. Some other payout increases from earlier this week are still active as well including up to 29x at Sears. I was able to make a $100 purchase at Saks Fifth Avenue online by going through the AA portal and earning 15x from the portal, 5x on my Chase Freedom® at select department stores this quarter, and another 500 points for spending $75 in the AA portal as part of a targeted bonus. So, the $100 holiday present purchase I was going to make anyway earned me 2,500 miles and points by timing it with some bonus payouts! That is how you take holiday shopping and turn it into a major miles opportunity one well-timed purchase at a time.
Have a great Thursday afternoon!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.