Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Whether relaxing by the fire in your living room or vacationing on a warm beach somewhere, I hope you have enjoyed your President’s Day weekend!
Here are some miles and points updates to catch you up before the work week starts.
- Amex is reportedly losing the JetBlue credit card, which will reportedly going to Barclays. The current sign-up bonus isn’t that impressive to me at 20,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. There is a $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $40 in subsequent years. JetBlue points don’t have an exact fixed value, but you can often get around $300 in economy flights for about 20,000 points. The reason to consider getting the card now is because the opportunity will be going away via Amex in the near future. In the future you should be able to get the card (and sign-up bonus!) from Barclays. As you may know, JetBlue allows families to pool points, so you can put your points together to obtain award flights faster. This is not an affiliate link, just something I thought might be interesting given the limited time opportunity.
- If you are sitting on Hyatt Diamond upgrades from 2014, remember that the deadline to apply them to future reservations is February 28th, which is now less than two weeks away. Start planning so you don’t let them go to waste! Remember, you can apply them to points + cash reservations in addition to paid reservations.
- IHG has (finally) fixed the website functionality to allow you to select award nights instead of points for last year’s “Into the Nights” promotion. The deadline to select nights was January 31st, but they seem to have extended that deadline to February 28th in light of the website being down for weeks. Thanks to Running with Miles for sharing this update.
- Alaska Airlines is offering double miles on select popular routes from Seattle and Salt Lake City from February 15 – May 15, 2015. Registration is required and View from the Wing has full details.
- If you want to make your voice and opinion about the different loyalty programs and promotions heard, then be sure to vote for your favorites for this year’s Freddie Awards. Voting just recently opened, and the programs really do take this pretty seriously!
- As you may have noticed, this site underwent a “make-over” last week to make things a little more up-to-date and easier to read and navigate. The goal wasn’t to make things like overwhelmingly different, but just a better version of what we had before, with a few new features. I hope you like it, but let me know if you encounter any issues or run across anything you would like to work differently!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.