Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
A few weeks ago we learned that one of the best summer hotel promos was going to be coming from Sheraton via the Sheraton Free Weekends promotion. However, we didn’t have the full details on terms and conditions at that time. Since the terms and conditions are now out of the bag, I want to make sure you have all the details so you can decide if this promo might work for your family.
The promo will run from July 9 – September 30, 2015 and it will stack with the 1,000 point SPG summer promo.
You can earn a free Sheraton weekend night for every five eligible Sheraton nights you stay from July 9 – September 30, 2015. You can earn up to 3 award nights to stay at Sheraton hotels or resorts around the world by December 13, 2015. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible as long as they occur during the promo’s time frame.
An eligible night is a stay with at least one eligible paid night at any participating Sheraton hotel paying an eligible paid rate during the promotion period. Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are not eligible toward promotional free night earnings.
Sheraton properties not participating in this promotion include:
- Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas
They award nights will work just like regular points reservations in that there are no blackout dates – they are valid any night that has standard rooms available for sale with cash on weekend nights. Sheraton Free Weekend Night Awards will be credited to the member’s account within 2–4 weeks of the eligible stay posting. Sheraton Free Weekend Night Awards can be redeemed for any participating Sheraton Category 1–7 hotel for a standard room for any weekend night (Friday, Saturday, Sunday except in the Middle East, where it is Thursday, Friday, Saturday).
You will need to call SPG customer service and mention Award ID F1WFN to redeem. These awards are not transferable, but will count toward elite earning qualification.
Registration won’t be open until July 9th (I’ll post to remind you to register on that day). I know that Sheraton is not considered a luxury SPG brand the way that St. Regis or even Westin might be considered, but there are some nice Sheraton properties out there including at Walt Disney World, in Hawaii, NYC, Steamboat, and much, much more. A few examples of some higher category Sheratons where you might want to use your award nights are:
- Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort
- Sheraton Waikiki
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- Sheraton Kauai Resort
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
- Sheraton Steamboat Resort
- Sheraton Zurich Hotel
- Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
- Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
- Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel
- Sheraton Lake Como Hotel
There are many more solid Sheraton hotel and resort properties out there as well, so you can head to their website and start strategizing if you have some nights this summer that you can book at a Sheraton property!
I think this promotion will work best for those who have business travel they can choose to shift toward Sheraton since it does take 15 nights to max out the promo, but even a 5 night summer family trip to a Sheraton could net a free night you could use later in the year, so this isn’t a promo just for road warriors.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.