Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
For many years the Starwood Preferred Guest program and SPG Amex has had a relationship with the US Open tennis tournament – and this means great things for points lovers who happen to also be into tennis!
This week SPG Moments has released many different US Open packages and tickets options that you can book using SPG points you earned from SPG hotel stays or cards like the Starwood Preferred Guest® Amex. I want to mention these opportunities before they potentially sell out since these are often pretty popular redemptions.
Some of the 2015 US Open SPG Moments opportunities include:
- Behind-the-Scenes private tours of Arthur Ashe Stadium and US Open Media Center, including interview rooms, player dining areas, and more
- Hitting session on the court in Arthur Ashe Stadium with courtside seats to that day’s session
- Breakfast for two in the Player’s Dining Room at Arthur Ashe Stadium
- Courtside seats at matches throughout the tournament in the iconic Arthur Ashe and Louis Armstrong Stadiums
- Access to watch matches from the SPG Luxury Suite at Center Court with delicious catered food and beverages
- The chance to attend a post-match press conference or media tour
- SPG US Open Booth offering SPG Members special giveaways including free nights and a week-long luxury vacation to their choice of 1,200 hotels worldwide.
- Talent meet & greet at Arthur Ashe Kid’s Day
The prices on the packages seem to range from 10,000 – 50,000 SPG points (often for two tickets) for the fixed value packages, and then there are also some that are available via a points auction.
I have attended the US Open as a guest of the SPG Amex Stars program in the past, and they really put on a great show there!
Win SPG Prizes:
Also announced this week was that SPG members can play an “interactive game to win instant prizes” called “Open the World of SPG”. The instant prizes include Starpoints, gift cards and the grand prize – 250,000 Starpoints! You will be able to play the game in the following ways:
- At the US Open: Members attending the US Open can visit the SPG booth from Aug. 29 to Sept. 13, 2015 to win the grand prize, a Free Night Award or a $10 American Express gift card.
- Anywhere, Everywhere, Online: Members catching the excitement from home, work or the on-the-go can play online daily at spg.com/opentheworld beginning Aug. 29 until Sept. 30, 2015 to win the grand prize, $25 or $50 Amazon gift cards, or additional Starpoints from 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and 25,000 increments. Note that this begins August 29th, so the link is not yet operational.
In the past Amex SPG cardholders have been able to purchase discounted US Open tickets (even with hospitality tent access!), so I’ll keep my eyes open for those deals or feel free to post in the comments section if you come across them!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.