Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Most of the time you are best served from a value perspective using your miles and points for travel, but there are occasionally exceptions where your miles can get you access to special experiences that might otherwise be unattainable or cost prohibitive. In the fall we used 10,000 United miles for the two of us to participate in a Houston Texan’s Field Day experience that was a ton of fun – details here.
Today I saw that for 10,000 United miles you can attend a Houston Texans VIP training camp experience on August 19th at the Houston Methodist Training Center. This experience includes:
- One VIP pass to the Houston Texans Training Camp experience at the Houston Methodist Training Center on Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- Practice begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Open training camp practice viewing opportunity from main field tent
- Food and beverages will be provided
- Guests are allowed to bring cameras and one item for autographs*
- Complimentary parking
However, this sort of experience isn’t limited to Houston Texan fans as I see there are similar events available with the Washington Redskins (5,000 miles), San Francisco 49ers (10,000 miles), and several other events such as MLB games and more.
If you are a big football junkie this could be a great way to use a few miles and gear up for the season!