Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
If you have a Citibank credit card and want to save some money on an Amazon purchase, then I have a deal for you to try. On my iPhone I was looking at Amazon.com and a banner popped up that offered $10 off an Amazon purchase if I added a Citi card as my default for Amazon one-click purchases.
Some googling revealed that this offer has been around in many similar iterations before, and it may be possible to get it to pull up even on a non-mobile device using this link: $10 Off Amazon. However, the offer doesn’t seem to appear for everyone, though many refreshes on the Amazon home page will sometimes work if it does not initially display. That all sounds like a lot of work to me for $10 savings, so it may not be worth messing with if it doesn’t easily display for any of your accounts.
If you want more tips on how to potentially access the offer, there is a Slick Deals thread on an earlier version of the offer that may also be helpful. If nothing else, I would simply recommend being on the look out for a similar offer at some point on your account.
Here are the terms and conditions that displayed for me.
- This offer is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Credit is valid for $10 off the purchase of physical products sold and shipped by Amazon.com, and excludes Gift Cards, Kindle eBooks, instant videos, MP3s, and all other digital downloads and content. Credit may be redeemed in one or more orders. You will be responsible for payment to Amazon of the final price of purchase after credit is applied, plus applicable taxes. Purchase must be made using a valid Citi Consumer credit card (“Citi Card”) as payment method.
- You must redeem your credit by purchasing eligible product(s) from Amazon by 11:59 p.m. PT on September 12, 2015 . Unredeemed credit will expire after that time.
- Limit one credit per customer. Please note, credit claimed on a Kindle Fire will be applied to the Amazon.com account that is registered to the device.
- Amazon.com account with a valid Citi Card is required to claim and redeem this credit. If, for any reason, your Citi Card is inactive, denied or ineligible, you will not be eligible to claim or redeem this credit.
- If you return any of the eligible products you purchased using this offer, the credit value will be subtracted from your return credit.
- Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law and in case of fraud.
- Additional taxes apply in certain jurisdictions.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Geographic and other delivery restrictions may apply to particular products.
- If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid, and the credit will not apply.