Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
You can use various types of credit card points such as Citi ThankYou, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Amex Membership Rewards to pay for your Amazon purchases at different redemption rates. Normally I do not recommend using points in this manner since the rate at which you can redeem the points for Amazon purchases is usually pretty poor compared to other redemption options. However, every now and then a really lucrative promo comes out where it makes since to use points, or rather a point, towards an Amazon purchase in order to save!
Right now you can redeem as few as one Amex Membership Reward point to save $15 on Amazon purchases of $50 or more! That makes one Membership Reward point worth $15 towards an Amazon purchase via this deal.
- First, put at least $50 in eligible Amazon items in your cart (Amazon gift cards don’t seem to work though other retailer gift cards did).
- Select an Amex Membership Rewards card from your Amazon account as the method of payment for this purchase. Remember, normally you would select your Chase Freedom® this 4th quarter since it is paying out 5x on Amazon.com!
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards to your Amazon account if you haven’t already.
- Use promo code SWP9AXP15
- See $15 deducted from your order total
Note that if you have used Membership Reward points for an Amazon purchase in the last 24 months this will not work from your account. It did not work from my account presumably because I have used a Membership Reward points for a similar offer in the past. However, it worked just fine from my dad’s account.
I stocked up on some Retailer gift cards like Starbucks that I know I will give to teachers and similar over the holidays, so you can consider a similar route if you aren’t need of any specific items right now.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 11/13/2015, or while supplies last. The promotion code will expire concurrently.
2. You must have an Amazon.com account to redeem the promotion code. If you are creating a new Amazon.com account, please be aware that it may take up to 72 hours before your promotion code will be accepted and applied. Accordingly, you must create a new account on or before 11/10/2015 in order to redeem the promotion code.
3. Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
4. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
5. Enter the promotion code at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. After redeeming the code, a credit of $15 will be automatically applied to your eligible purchase as long as Membership Rewards points are selected as your method of payment, at least one Membership Rewards point is used for the purchase and your shopping cart contains at least $50 of eligible products.
6. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.
7. Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
8. Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.
9. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
10. Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
11. Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
12. Offer may not be combined with other offers.
13. Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
14. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
15. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
16. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
17. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
18. This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
Thanks to Doctor of Credit for sharing this offer!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.
This post does contain affiliate links - thank you for your continued support.