Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
SPG MORE FOR YOU GAME MENTIONED HERE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
In anticipation of the upcoming fall Starwood Preferred Guest promotion, “SPG More for You”, where you will earn double Starpoints on weekday stays of two or more nights and triple Starpoints on stays that include stays that include a Friday or Saturday (Thursday or Friday in the Middle East) from September 12 – December 18th, Starwood has introduced a game where you can instantly win 1,000, 5,000, or 10,000 Starpoints or a free Category 1-5 hotel award night. The game will run until September 11th and the promo starts on September 12th.
As a head’s up, there will be a list of participating hotels for the More for You promo.
You can play the game once each day and each time you play you not only have a chance to win one of the instant winner prizes, but you are entered to win a grand prize of 50,000 Starpoints plus Category 1-6 Free Night Awards.
I have never won anything via one of these games despite playing pretty religiously, but every time SPG offers something like this tons of people I know online seem to win. I have even known grand prize winners from some of these type of games. In other words, I recommend taking the 10 seconds each day to play through September 12th!
Please let me know if you win so I can celebrate with you!
Terms and Conditions:
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Starwood Preferred Guest® “Open More” Game (the “Game”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, China (excluding Macau and Hong Kong), Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Romania, Russia, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom and Vietnam who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry and are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program (“SPG®”) and at all subsequent times from August 22, 2016, 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) through September 12, 2016, 11 a.m. ET (the “Game Period”). Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., (the “Sponsor”) may participate in the Game based on the limitations and deadlines set herein; they are not eligible to win the Grand Prize. Starwood Hotels and Resorts affiliates, administrator, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and all their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. SPONSOR: The Game is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 (the “Sponsor”). The Game is administered by Interactive Games, 420 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55102 (“Administrator”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. GAME PERIOD: The Game is scheduled for play starting August 22, 2016, 11:00 a.m. ET and ends September 12, 2016, 11:00 a.m. ET. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Game. Entries submitted prior to or after the Game Period will not be valid.
5. HOW TO PLAY:
A. To Participate: You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Game Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Nonmembers who would like to participate must enroll in the SPG program at spg.com/join and complete the SPG program enrollment form.
B. To Play: visit spg.com/moreforyou-comingsoon. Log in with your SPG number and follow the Game Play instructions:
1) Player will be presented a carousel of eleven (11) Starwood hotel-brand key cards.
2) Player will select one (1) card of his or her choice.
3) Game will indicate if card is an Instant Win.
4) Game play concludes after one (1) play.
5) LIMIT: One (1) play per person, per day, during the Game Period.
C. Grand Prize Entry: Each play automatically earns one (1) entry [limit one (1) entry per day] into the Grand Prize random drawing. Starwood Hotels and Resorts employees are excluded from the Grand Prize entry opportunity.
D. Prizes and Fulfillment: See Section #8, “Prizes,” below.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; or other error of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Game-entry process. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Game will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions regarding the Game and the selection of the potential winners are final.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER(S):
A. Instant Win Game: The Game Period is randomly seeded with winning time tags. Each play that occurs throughout the Game Period will be stamped based upon the exact date/time of day the play was completed (“Time Stamped”), and then recorded in Sponsor’s “Game Database.” The Time Stamp of the play will determine the first play recorded after a scheduled winning tag. A registered entry Time Stamped immediately after a scheduled winning tag time will be identified as a potential winner of Instant Win Prize indicated in accordance with these Official Rules. LIMIT: One (1) Instant Win Prize per person during Game Period.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNER(S) ARE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GAME. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME DEVICE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL AFFIRMED BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT EVIDENCE, INCLUDING SCREEN SHOT, OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
B. Grand Prize Winner Drawing: Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about September 20, 2016, from among all eligible entries received during the Game Period. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions regarding the Game and the selection of the potential Grand Prize winner are final. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize winner will be declared the official Grand Prize winner of the Game. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize winner via email or phone within two (2) days of the drawing. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond within twenty-four hours after the first attempt to contact him or her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner in his or her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE CLAIM AND VERIFICATION: Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, W9 or W8 tax form as applicable, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of notification. If the documents are not returned in a timely manner, or if potential winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, failed to provide accurate entry-submission information, is ineligible for any reason, or declines the Prize for any reason, the Prize may be forfeited. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and submit to a background check, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in order to receive Prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is a Canadian resident, potential winner must successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Failure to successfully answer the question as stated will cause the Grand Prize to be forfeited. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any entry does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner responsible for such entry.
8. PRIZES: Instant Win: 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 Starpoints® and 1 Free Night Award for a total of (1470) Instant Win Game Prize(s) (each, an “Instant Win Prize,” and collectively, the “Instant Win Prizes”) will be awarded as set forth below:
|Quantity||Instant Win Prize||ARV*|
|210||Free Night Awards
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded 50,000 Starpoints plus five (5) Free Night Awards, Category 1–6, ARV $2,230.00. *Approximate Retail Value
Prize Fulfillment and Conditions: Starpoints and Free Night Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints are pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program. Free Night Awards must be consumed by December 31, 2016.
Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. No exchanges or substitutions will be allowed. The Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion. All expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.