Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Periodically over the past couple of years Amazon.com has offered some targeted discount codes and “pay with points” discounts that will save you money on products sold by Amazon, often including third party retailer gift cards (though not on Amazon gift cards). Right now there is a new code that will save $25 off of a $50 Amazon purchase when you use just one American Express Membership Reward point to knock 1 cent off of your total. I wouldn’t use too many Membership Reward points because the return per point isn’t very good at less than one cent per point.
These offers won’t work for everyone, but I’m sharing it because if it does work for you that’s a pretty nice discount just for using one Amex Membership Reward point! It was “targeted” for my account even though I received no notice of being targeted.
As I usually do with these promos, we purchased two $25 Whole Foods gift cards for a grand total of $24.99 ($25 discount + one cent off for using one Membership Reward point). You can use this promo for anything sold from Amazon, but remember, not everything on Amazon is sold by Amazon. If you don’t have any specific needs at the moment, here are some links to gift cards that should work.
Again, this promo code won’t work for everyone, but for us it was worth a couple of minutes of trying to save $25 in groceries!
Here are the full terms and conditions:
1. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017, or until 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
2. To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.
3. Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
4. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
5. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.
6. Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
7. Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.
8. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
9. Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
10. Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
11. Offer may not be combined with other offers.
12. Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $25.
14. If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
16. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
17. This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.