Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I don’t post that frequently about SPG Moments opportunities that are auctions instead of fixed price offerings because the number of SPG points required to win the auction is usually a bit above my points pay grade. However, in part because I can’t get over Hawaii, and in part because this is just an awesome package for a family, I’m making an exception and I really hope one of you has enough points and the inclination to win…assuming the price doesn’t go too much higher in the next 3 days before the auction ends.
While in Maui last week I saw tons of signs for the soon-to-open Westin Nenea Ocean Villas when walking around in Lahaina and on Ka’anapali Beach. These new villas are scheduled to open in mid-April 2017 and are pegged at a SPG Category 6 meaning they will run 20,000 – 25,000 SPG points per night for a one-bedroom when there is award availability.
However, via SPG Moments package that is currently going for 151,000 SPG points you get:
- Five nights for up to six people in a three-bedroom oceanfront villa at the Westin Nenea from April 15 – April 20, 2017
- One Avis Jeep Rental car through Avis for six days
- In-villa private dinner with custom menu designed for guests by Executive Chef, Ikaika Manaku, with Hawaiian influence for six guests
- Signature Nanea Spa treatment in villa for six guests
- Daily poolside bungalow for up to six guests with personalized daily refreshments
- Private sunrise outrigger canoe paddle for six guests
- 50,000 Starpoints are included and to be used towards booking airfare on SPG Flights
- Cultural welcome by Director of Culture with a welcome gift
- Custom lei ceremony
- Unlimited access to on-site cultural activities
Five nights in a three bedroom new villa, in-villa spa treatments and prepared dinner, 50k SPG points, jeep rental, and a poolside bungalow sounds like a Maui trip made in paradise to me! Even if this package doesn’t align with your points budget or travel needs, do keep the very soon to open new Westin Nanea villas on your radar for Maui trips as it is totally possible they will send out targeted offers for a very fair rate for several nights in a villa + car rental + SPG points while they are trying to get folks to try out the property and sell units. It is also very likely they are offering SPG points for those who go and do the 90 minute tour and sale pitch similar to the one I just did at the nearby Hyatt.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.