Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Yesterday I posted about how to get 500 free Singapore Airlines miles just for creating a new account, and you should since you can use Singapore miles to fly Star Alliance partners like United and you can transfer miles from many credit card programs to Singapore at a 1:1 ratio.
5,000 Bonus Alaska Miles for New Members Who Take a Flight
In the comments section of that post ‘Trent” pointed out that there was a similar incentive to join the Alaska Mileage Plan program in the form of 5,000 bonus miles for new members who enroll between March 23 – April 30, 2017 AND complete a qualifying Alaska or Virgin America operated flight by September 30, 2017.
You must credit the flight to Mileage Plan in order for it to qualify for the bonus, which is often a great choice anyway since Alaska still awards miles based on distance flown instead of the price paid! I will add from personal experience that when my daughter joined Mileage Plan I had to call and set up her minor account over the phone.
The Alaska award chart starts at just 5,000 miles with free stopovers in cities like Seattle, so getting a 5,000 mile bonus is pretty significant in this program!
Terms and Conditions:
- Bonus miles offer is valid only for new Mileage Plan members who enroll between March 23 and April 30, 2017, and complete a qualifying Alaska or Virgin America flight between the enrollment date and September 30, 2017.
- To qualify, the flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to the new Mileage Plan account; codeshare flights with other airlines do not qualify.
- An individual may receive the bonus a maximum of one time, even if they hold multiple separate Mileage Plan accounts.
- Offer is not combinable with other Mileage Plan enrollment or account activation promotions.
- Mileage Plan conditions of membership apply.
Big thanks to Trent for pointing out this bonus!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.