Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Update: Outback and other gift cards come and go in-stock every few days, so if you don’t see what you want today…check back!
I know lots of you like to stack discounts and go deal hunting for things outside of just travel, so here is a way you can stack some serious discounts to save over 50% on Boxed.com purchases. They sell similar things to what you might find at a Costco or Sam’s Club, but they do it without a membership required or you needing to leave your home. While you can use my methods below to stock up on paper towels, goldfish crackers, or cereal, if you are in a hurry and don’t want to shop for that stuff right now you can also snag some gift cards for over 50% off (though availability is limited and seems fluid, so act quickly and/or check back if they are sold out when you shop).
Here’s how I got $85 of Outback gift cards, a big Heinz ketchup, and three free sample products for just $35.71 from Boxed.com!
- Add the Boxed Amex Offer for a $25 statement credit on a $65+ boxed purchase to one of your Amex cards.
- Join Boxed.com via a referral link to save $15 on your first purchase of $60 or more. My code is MH8LY and thank you if you use it.
- Shop Boxed.com by first going through ebates to get 2% back on your purchase as of this writing – of course the percentage could change in the future.
- Select your items of choice from Boxed.com. Personally, I went for $85 in Outback gift cards for $77.99 + some spicy chili sauce to get my final total just over $65. With the $15 new customer discount that dropped my total price at check out to $65.28.
- $65.28 is enough to trigger the Amex Offer statement credit of $25 on $65+ in purchases. Factoring in the cash back I will get from eBates, that means that I got $85 in Outback gift cards + spicy sauce + two free sample products for a total out-of-pocket cost of less than $39! Of course I also earned points on my Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card for paying for the purchase and earned $1.98 in Boxed Bold credit…though I have no idea what that is yet, so I’m not counting it in my calculations.
Shipping was free on my order and I didn’t pay any tax here in Texas, so I’m pretty thrilled with this deal! Did you take advantage of stacking these deals for some serious Boxed.com savings? If so, I’d love to hear what you bought and how much you saved!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.