Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
There is a new and fantastic Amazon discount available for some lucky folks who have an Amex Membership Rewards card they can link to Amazon and at least one Membership Reward points to spend. If your Amazon account is targeted and you spend at least one Membership Reward points on a $60+ Amazon order (valid on items shipped and sold by Amazon), then you can save $30 on that order!
Since I’ve used tons of these sort of offers in the past, I wasn’t surprised that my account did not work, but my parent’s account worked just fine! The great news is that this deal even works on retailer gift cards sold by Amazon. They picked up a $50 Whole Foods and $25 Starbucks gift card with this deal for a total of just $44.99.
You can head here to see if your account is eligible and if it is then you must activate the offer by clicking the activate button shown above in yellow.
Sorry for the photo of the computer screen…it is a challenge to get screenshots off of my parent’s computer.
For those targeted for the offer, here are the instructions and terms and conditions to save $30 off a $60 Amazon purchase offer.
- Click on the button to activate this promotion credit. Note that you will NOT receive the credit unless you click on this button.
- Add $60 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart.
- Under “Choose a payment method,” select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click “Use this payment method.”
- Up to $30 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion credit.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $30.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
Thank you to Doctor of Credit for spotting this new offer.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.