Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Here are a few quick updates from the miles and points world.
- All four Southwest credit cards are now back to offering 50,000 bonus points after you meet the spending requirements. This is great, and makes it a great time for you to go for the Companion Pass! I’ll write more about this later, but here is a post about the Companion Pass, and here are the four available offers.
Offers expired. Please check here for current offer.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Personal Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Business Card
- Get 1,000 free and easy Club Carlson points for “liking” them on Facebook – hat tip to glu800 on Flyertalk (who write the blog Miles to Go)
- Today is the last day to register for the SPG Power Up Promotion that delivers 2,000 bonus Starpoints for every four eligible nights you stay (up to 8,000 bonus Starpoints and 16 nights). When you reach a total of 20 eligible nights, earn an additional 10,000 bonus Starpoints. – earn 2,000 bonus SPG points for every four eligible nights (up to 8,000 SPG points at 16 nights). When you reach a total of 20 eligible nights you get an additional 10,000 bonus SPG points. The promotion runs from 1/15 /13 – 4/15/13.
- Today is also the last day to use your Hyatt confirmed Diamond suite upgrades that are currently in your account. You can use them for a future reservation, but you need to lock it in today. If you make changes to the future reservation you may lose the confirmed upgrade, but at least attempting to use it is certainly better than letting it go to waste.
- While we are on the topic of deadlines, today is also the last day to lock in a reservation at a Caesar’s Entertainment properties in Vegas without a mandatory resort fee. Those properties include Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Rio, Harrah’s Las Vegas, Flamingo and The Quad.
- View From the Wing points out that there has been an addition to the second quarter Chase Freedom® Visa 5x bonus categories of restaurants and movie theaters. Now Lowe’s Home Improvement stores has joined the second quarter fun. This is great for two reasons. #1 Lots of us do home improvement in the spring anyway, so getting 5x will be a welcome bonus. #2 In addition to standard home improvement items, anyone want to guess what is also sold at Lowes?? Also make sure you have activated your first quarter 5x bonus categories of drug stores, gas stations, and Starbucks by 3/14.
- The Ultimate Rewards shopping portal bonuses will likely change a little with the start of a new month. The last few months haven’t brought us much to get excited about, but maybe the Easter Bunny will change our fate in March.
- Update – this has now been moved to next weekend…..disregard! This site and all other BoardingArea sites are moving to a new fancier server beginning very early Friday morning, so while the blogs will stay up (great time to catch up on old stuff?!), they will be closed to new posts and new comments until approximately Sunday. So, I plan to launch Friday morning’s post Thursday night, and then will be up and running again once the move is complete. This is a great thing in the long run as we have had some server issues in the past. You can still find me on Twitter (@Mommy_Points) during the downtime – just in case there is a “can’t miss” miles and points opportunity that pops up!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. If you are curious, the Freedom and the Southwest Personal Premier card are my links. The others are just the best offers out there. As always, thanks for your support.