Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Tomorrow is June 30th (Sunday), and, as always the end of the month brings the end of various deals. Also there have been several others deals pop up in the last few days that I haven’t had a chance to mention yet. Here’s a quick rundown of some deals coming and going.
- Second quarter 5x bonus on the Chase Freedom at restaurants, movie theaters, and Lowe’s Home Improvement ends on 6/30. Remember there is a $1,500 max spending limit for the 5x bonus each quarter. You can track your progress pretty easily by reading this post. If you are a little short of the max, you can make a run to Lowe’s and see if they carry gift cards to any retailers you may be frequenting in the near future.
- Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard 50,000 mile offer from Barclays may disappear on June 30thn (update, that offer did disappear – the best offer is now 20k on first use).
This card offers up to 50,000 miles after spending $5,000 in the first 90 days (20,000 award miles after your first purchase plus 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days). There is a $79 annual fee. I have no specific knowledge about upcoming changes to my own affiliate link, but on Lufthansa’s own website is says the offer is valid through June 30th which makes me think that my own offer may change at that time as well. This is the highest the bonus has been in the last couple of years (that I know of). Remember you can also use these miles to fly domestically (other than Hawaii) on United or US Airways for just 25,000 miles round trip, or 12,000 miles for a one-way flight. You can also use them on United to fly round trip in domestic first class within the US (other than Hawaii) for 35,000 miles, or 17,000 miles one-way. If Hawaii is your goal, it is 40,000 Lufthansa miles to go round trip to Hawaii in economy on United or US Airways. All of these must be found at the saver level for United and/or US Airways. There are no fuel surcharges imposed on any of these mentioned redemption options.
- Get 2,500 American AAdvantage miles back on your next award redemption by registering for their current sweepstakes. I never win these sorts of things, and I’m guessing most of you don’t either, but simply entering gets you 2,5000 miles back when you book your reward flight online between 6/26/13 and 7/24/13, and travel between 9/4/13 and 11/20/13. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the 2,500 miles to be credited back to your account. It is valid on both AA and partner flights, limit one per AAdvantage member. Remember this would also stack with the 10% rebate for redeemed miles you get if you have the co-branded Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature/Citi Platinum Select Card card and the Citi AAdvantage Reduced Mileage Awards. Thanks to View from the Wing for sharing this news.
- Hyatt is sending out targeted promotions for as many as 5,000 bonus points after one stay. There are a few versions of this bonus, but the 5,000 point one is the most lucrative. I value 5,000 Hyatt points between $75 – $100, so I would absolutely be sure to take advantage of that offer if it were given to me. Sadly, I was targeted for nada, but check your inbox to see if you were lucky like Deals We Like!
- Even though the 787 has had some rough skies, I am still a big fan of the aircraft and happy that British Airways is adding it to their fleet. To celebrate their announced new routes for the 787 from Toronto, Canada and Newark, New Jersey to London Heathrow British Airways is offering some special prices on tickets for travel from Toronto and Newark. The fares begin at $787 in World Traveller (economy), $1209 in World Traveller Plus (premium economy), and $2787 for Club World (business class) – all fares are roundtrip and include taxes, fees and carrier charges. Special prices are for sale until July 1st and are valid for travel dates Oct 25 – Dec 15 2013, Dec 25 2013 – Mar 24 2014. Remember, if you have the British Airways Visa Signature® Card to book using promo code CARDOFFERU to save an extra 10%. These flights would earn you Avios and would also be upgradeable with Avios. Not earth shattering prices, but not bad at all either.
- June 30th is the deadline to register for the SPG promo that awards double Starpoints on all eligible stays through July 31st (at participating hotels).
- Check out the Loyalty and Rewards section of the Toronto Star. I think it is pretty well done, and that’s not just because Mommy Points is featured in a couple of the articles. The focus expands beyond just miles and points (though of course miles and points are my favorite!).
- Best Western Rewards members who stay three separate nights June 17 through August 18 at a Best Western hotel will earn a free night voucher that can be used at any of Best Western’s 2,000+ hotels in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean that must be redeemed on or before January 31, 2014. Register here for this promo. See my promos page for details on this and other offers.
Hope you are your family have a great weekend!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, your support is very much appreciated!