Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
On Friday I wrote that it looked like another American Airlines e-Shopping bonus was on it’s way, and today it is indeed live. You can get up to 3,000 bonus American Airlines miles by shopping via the AA shopping portal between now and December 22nd. This is perfect for those still finishing up some online holiday shopping. This offer displayed for me when I went to the portal without clicking a special link or registering for anything, so it does not appear to be targeted.
Between December 8th – December 22nd with a tiered shopping bonus that awards up to 3,000 bonus points for $250 in purchases.
- Spend a cumulative $75 and earn a bonus 1,000 miles
- Spend a cumulative $150 and earn a bonus 2,000 miles
- Spend a cumulative $250 and earn a bonus 3,000 miles
These bonus miles are on top of any you will earn from the retailer, and also are in addition to any earnings from your rewards earning credit cards. In practice, let’s say you made $250 in purchases from saks.com. That would translate to the following earnings:
- 3,000 American Airlines miles from the current promo
- 1,250 American Airlines miles from earning 5x miles per dollar via the AAdvantage shopping portal
- 1,250 Ultimate Reward points from paying with your Chase Freedom Visa that is registered for the 4th quarter 5x bonus at department stores (up to $1,500). Your credit card point earnings would obviously vary if you used a different credit card to pay for your order.
That potentially comes to 5,500 points and miles for a $250 purchase, which isn’t shabby at all, assuming you were going to make that purchase anyway!
As I mentioned in the linked article above when this promo was just discovered, you do sometimes have to follow-up with the shopping portal to get bonuses like this one to pay out correctly, but I’ve never not had one payout after I followed up…and often I get lucky and don’t even have to any follow-up at all.
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, thanks for your support!