Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Ever since the Hyatt Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Resort dropped to a Category 4 hotel at just 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points per night or 7,500 points + $100 points per night via a cash and points rate (upgradable with a Diamond Suite Upgrade!), I have had Costa Rica on my “vacation short list”. Having a vacation short list is super helpful in case you stumble across very good airfare prices so you can act quickly. If you plan to use dollars, Houston – Liberia, Costa Rica is often $700+ round trip, but right now it is just $351 thanks to some really good prices on American Airlines out of United hubs such as Houston, San Francisco, Newark, and more.
Here is a list of round trip prices thanks to The Flight Deal:
- Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) – $351
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) – $354
- Roatan Island, Honduras (RTB) – $328
- Panama City, Panama (PTY) – $370
- Belize (BZE) – $367
- San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) – $365
- Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA) – $361
- Managua, Nicaragua (MGA) – $378
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU) – $346
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – $332