Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Today (Wednesday June 4th) the Daily Getaway Deals brings us Hyatt Gold Passport points for less that one cent each for sale. I did a summary of the third week of deals here, and while I haven’t been posting a reminder before every single deal the way I have in years past, I do plan to post reminders the night before (or sometimes morning of) some of the deals that might be of more interest to the miles and points community than others. This is one of those very interesting deals for miles and points fans! Most who are fans of Hyatt Gold Passport value their points at least 50% more than these prices, and given the very limited quantities, they will go in a second…literally.
Purchase packages of Hyatt Gold Passport points to use on Hyatt award night stays however you wish.
- 24,000 points deposited into your Hyatt Gold Passport® account – $260 ($234 with 10% Amex discount) 95 available .975 cents per point
- 30,000 points deposited into your Hyatt Gold Passport® account – $330 ($297 with 10% Amex discount) 35 available .99 cents per point
- 40,000 points deposited into your Hyatt Gold Passport® account – $415 ($373.50 with 10% Amex discount) 15 available .93 cents per point
- 72,000 points deposited into your Hyatt Gold Passport® account – $775 ($679.50 with 10% Amex discount) 15 available .94 cents per point
- No more than 1 set of points purchased through this offer are allowed per membership number. A maximum of 4 sets of points is allowed per membership number across all Hyatt offers – I have to laugh at that one as I can’t imagine anyone could click that quickly.
- You must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member to take advantage of this offer, so be sure to join now at goldpassport.com if you are not already a member.
Buy or no buy:
These packages will go very quickly, so if you are on the fence about whether it is worth it I personally wouldn’t bother since it will basically be a lottery. Paying less than one cent per Hyatt point is a good price. Those who “manufacture” spending can create these points for less, but not all of us do that, and this is obviously a quicker and easier way to get the points. Just to give a quick example, a night at the Andaz Maui Wailea will usually run you $400 – $500 per night if you paid cash. However, at this price you can buy enough points to stay there for about $243 per night at 25,000 points per night. That isn’t “free”, but it shaves a good chunk off the going rate.
Keep in mind that with Hyatt, points reservations will also save you the taxes and applicable resort fees, so that can make using points even more attractive at the Hyatt resort properties. This does not hold true if you use the cash + points option, but with that scenario you are earning stay credits and stretching your points further.
I may try to buy this one just to see what happens if I am a computer right at the given time, but I don’t expect to be successful given the supply and demand problem with this hot item! Some of y’all are super quick on the trigger so I’d love to hear your points purchase success stories if you are able to get in on this deal.