Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
The final three days of the five weeks of Daily Getaway deals are this week. The deals are all travel related, and will vary daily from blocks of points, to car rental certificates, to hotel packages, to theme park tickets, and more. The quantity on some offerings is very limited (6 – 50 packages), while other offers have thousands of packages available. I highly recommend you pay particular attention to the quantity available for the packages you are interested in because some of the limited quantity offers (a few hundred or less) can sell out very, very quickly and you may end up empty handed and frustrated with those offers. The deals go on sale at 1PM Eastern.
If you really want one with limited quantity, you should still absolutely go for it, but just do so with tempered expectations. Be sure to keep hitting refresh in the minutes leading up to 1PM Eastern and hit “buy” the second they become available. It is sometimes possible to get a package after it expires from someone else’s cart, so you can keep trying until the offer officially says sold out 10 – 15 minutes later, just remember to only do this if it won’t dramatically interrupt your day or leave you too frustrated.
The packages with thousands available such as the IHG points, Alamo rental car certificates, and Choice Hotel points should be much easier to get than the Hyatt, Hertz, or Club Carlson points.
I plan to post a summary of each week’s deals before they go on sale. I no longer think it’s necessary to do a post on each day’s deals as they have been pretty much the same for years and many people now post about them, but I am happy to expand on any particular deal you may have questions on. I also highly recommend reading all terms and conditions carefully directly on the site for any deals you are interested in since this is just a summary.
In years past you got 10% off when paying with an American Express card, but that is no longer the case. I can verify that the packages do code as travel for the purposes of redeeming Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® points.
You can view all five weeks of Daily Getaway offers here, but below is a breakdown of final three Week 5 offers.
Monday April 20th
Six Nights at Fairmont Hotels in Hawaii + Breakfast – $1,780 (10 available)
- Six Ovation Rewards certificates each redeemable for a 1 night stay and breakfast for 2 at your choice of two Fairmont Hawaii Properties. Certificates may be combined for one use or used separately at guest’s discretion.
- Each certificate is valid for 1 night in a standard room (at The Fairmont Orchid) or 1 night in a standard suite type room (at The Fairmont Kea Lani). Single/double occupancy.
- Certificate includes breakfast for 2 each morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Certificate covers room and tax, as well as tax and gratuities of included breakfasts. Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- Limited blackout dates may apply.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
- Each Ovation Rewards Certificate also includes full breakfast for two in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant (excluding alcoholic beverages), and related taxes and gratuities.
- At the Fairmont Orchid, breakfast includes the Signature Breakfast Buffet at the Orchid Court. At the Fairmont Kea Lani, breakfast includes the buffet at the Kea Lani Restaurant or In-Room dining (max of $37.75 per person per day).
- Ovation Rewards are redeemable based on last-room availability in the room category indicated (some exceptions may apply). Some restrictions may apply to special event dates.
- By purchasing this offer, you will receive three 1-night Ovation Rewards Certificates that can be used in combination for a 3-night stay, or for separate reservations at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. EACH certificate includes:
- 1 night in a Standard Fairmont Room including applicable room taxes. Single/double occupancy.
- Breakfast for 2 the next morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant including gratuities and dining taxes. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest. A credit card is required at the time of reservation for incidentals.
- Upon receiving the certificate you may call the dedicated reservation team to plan your trip. Limited blackout dates may apply.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
Deal or No Deal:
This price works out to just under $300/night for one of two gorgeous properties in Hawaii or justs over $200/night in Scottsdale. That is not free or super cheap, but given that the rates can easily be $500+ a night in Hawaii, it can be a good deal relative to the normal price. This is especially true when you factor in that taxes/fees are included, as is breakfast for two daily. I also love that there is no expiration date and you can use the certificates all at once or one at a time. I personally am a bit tempted by this deal as I know we would get way more than the price back out of it in value (especially in the suite at the Maui property), but $1,780 is still a lot of money to spend when you could simply use hotel points in Hawaii, and there are only 10 packages available anyway. Congrats if you get in on this deal and make it work for your family – I’m a little jealous!
Tuesday April 21st
Las Vegas Hotel Packages
Three Nights in Bellagio Suite – $1,500 (6 available)
- Three nights in a Bellagio Suite at the Bellagio (double occupancy).
- Two (2) tickets to “O™” by Cirque du Soleil® are subject to show’s performance schedule. Show is not playing on Mondays or Tuesdays. Seating is reserved in the optimal viewing rows reserved for VIPs.
- Dinner for two (2) at any Fine Dining restaurant at Bellagio, maximum credit of $400 including alcohol but excluding gratuity. Customer responsible for any amount over $400.
- Two (2) Spa treatments for (2) people at the Spa at the Bellagio. Maximum of $500 for both treatments. Gratuity is not included.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Bellagio).
- Invited guest check-in at the Bellagio.
- Offer valid when travel is booked by March 25, 2016, for travel through March 31, 2016.
- Offer subject to promotional availability and based on double occupancy.
- Guests must be 21 or older to check in.
Two Nights at MGM Skyline Marquee Suite – $1,545 (6 available)
- Two consecutive night stay in a Skyline Marquee Suite at the MGM Grand (double occupancy).
- Round-trip airport transfer from McCarran Airport to/from hotel.
- Guest may choose a Swedish or deep tissue one (1)-hour massage at the Grand Spa. One (1) per person and is inclusive of 20% auto gratuity at MGM Grand Spa.
- Two (2) tickets to KA™ will also be arranged based on their performance times. KA™ has no performances on Sundays & Mondays.
- All package elements exclude gratuity except (1)-hour massage at Grand Spa as detailed above.
- Maximum food and beverage limit for one (1) dinner for two (2) people is $300. Restaurants include Craftsteak, Shibuya or Pub 1842. Credit may be applied to food and any beverage, including alcohol. Any amount exceeding that is the guest’s responsibility. Includes tax but not gratuity. Any amount remaining will be forfeited. Gratuity is the responsibility of the guest.
- Offer expires December 30, 2015. Subject to availability.
Four Nights at Luxor – $500 (7 available)
- Four (4) consecutive-night stay in a Tower Deluxe Room includes room rate and tax. Based on double occupancy. Additional costs and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest. Additional room nights are available at the prevailing rate.
- 2 VIP tickets (preferred seating) to The World Famous Jabbawockeez
- $400 food & beverage credit for select Luxor restaurants throughout the period of stay until the entire amount has been used. The credit can be applied to the following: Tender Steak & Seafood, Rice & Co., Pyramid Cafe, More Buffet, Backstage Deli and Starbucks. Credit may be applied to alcohol and includes tax. Credit cannot be applied to gratuity.
- Offer valid anytime through January 31, 2016. Blackout dates of December 30 and 31, 2015, apply.
- Guests must be 21 or older to check in.
Three Nights at Circus Circus – $150 (8 available)
- Three (3) consecutive night stay in a standard room in the West Tower at the Circus Circus Hotel Casino in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
- Offer is valid through December 30, 2015. Subject to availability.
- At least one (1) person in the party must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to redeem this package. Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A daily resort fee of $15.00 (subject to applicable lodging tax) per day will be added to the guest room account and includes the following: Free in-room wireless high-speed internet service, two (2) free premium rides for the Adventuredome, free chips and salsa at The Garden Grill (one  per visit), two (2) free midway games, two (2) free drinks at West Casino or Slots-A-Fun Bar (or a $5 credit toward other beverage purchase), two (2) fitness room passes (valid one  day only for up to two  people), and free local and 800-number calls (up to thirty  minutes).
- Breakfast Buffet is for two (2) people at The Buffet inside Circus Circus and Dinner Buffet is for two (2) people during stay at Circus Circus. Alcohol is not included and is the responsibility of the guest. Gratuity is also not included and is the responsibility of the guest. There is no tax.
- $75 Voucher is redeemable for one (1) visit at The Steak House inside Circus Circus on food and/or any beverage. If full amount of voucher is not used in one (1) visit, the remainder is void.
- Two (2) tickets to the Adventuredome are for a one (1)-day pass only. Normal operating hours for Adventuredome apply. Concessions and additional expenses when in the Adventuredome are not included and are the responsibility of the guest.
Three Nights in Aria Suite – $1,700 (6 available)
- The package price is based on an one-bedroom suite at ARIA for three (3) nights, double occupancy. Room rate, tax and daily resort fee of $29 plus tax are included. Additional incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- Dinner is based on the prix fixe menu for 2 (two) people at any of the following restaurants: Sage, Bardot, Julian Serrano, or Jean Georges Steakhouse. Menu includes meal and one (1) bottle of wine at hotel’s selection or two (2) cocktails per person. Both tax and gratuity are included.
- Two (2) spa treatments at The Spa are a choice of a fifty (50)-minute massage or facial. Excludes gratuity.
- VIP tickets to Zarkana™ are available subject to the show’s performance schedule. Zarkana is not playing on Wednesdays & Thursdays. Seating is reserved in the optimal viewing rows reserved for VIPs.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Aria Resort & Casino).
- Offer is valid through December 31, 2015, subject to availability.
Deal or No Deal?
Like with all of the Las Vegas packages we have seen during the Daily Getaways there is absolutely value to be had if you were going to purchase many/most of the package components anyway. For example, the Bellagio packages gives you up to $500 worth of spa, $400 worth of food/drinks, and two VIP tickets to O that likely would cost at least $350. That is $1,250 right there and that doesn’t include the three nights in the suite and limo transfer. Of course, if you don’t care about the spa, will only use $150 or so of the dinner credit, and may or may not have seen O anyway then the value isn’t really there. It all depends if the package components sound good to you. Personally, I love everything in the Bellagio package and would love to snap it up if I had another $1,500 laying around my desk.
Wednesday April 22nd
$1,000 Expedia+ hotel coupon & +gold status – $650 (50 available)
- A $1,000 Expedia+ hotel coupon deposited in your Expedia+ rewards account, and complimentary +gold status through February 29, 2016.
- You must be an Expedia+ member to redeem this purchase, refunds will not be given if purchaser is not a member.
- Coupons can only be used to book a +VIP Access or Expedia Rate hotel.
- Coupons can only be used once. Any leftover value is void.
- A coupon can only be applied to one hotel room per booking.
- Coupon values don’t apply to taxes or fees.
- Once a coupon is used, it cannot be refunded.
- Coupons can only be used on reservations paid for at time of booking.
Deal or No Deal?
This is a new offering for the Daily Getaways, so I don’t have any previous years’ experience to draw upon, however it seems very interesting if you are going to have an eligible hotel stay of $1,000 or more since you have to use the coupon in one shot. I don’t put a ton of value in the Gold status, but being able to get $1,000 in hotel for $650 is likely a good deal if you have a reservation that will cost that much. I expect this one, and really all of them in Week 3 (other than Circus Circus!), to sell out quickly.