Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Rewards credit cards often can do much more for you than just earn you miles and points. They can protect your purchases, your travel plans, and make your travel experience easier and more affordable. Yesterday I saw a tweet from Rene’s Points about how the US Bank FlexPerks card now provides twelve annual GoGo Inflight WiFi passes! That is pretty huge since inflight GoGo can go for $5 for one hour of access or $16 for the full day of access, which can add up for a family that wants to stay connected or entertained while flying at 36,000 feet.
The following airlines utilize GoGo on at least some of their fleet:
How to Get 12 Annual GoGo WiFi Passes:
In order to claim your 12 GoGo passes, you need to gather your FlexPerks Visa Signature number (which can be found on your credit card statement or in your online FlexPerks account under Account Details – My Password) and the last four digits of your FlexPerks credit card. The terms of this offer indicate you need to have made at least one purchase with your card in the last 12 months prior to registering in order to be eligible (so go use your card once if you have been letting it sit dormant).
You can then enter your FlexPerks number here and add the 12 passes to your existing GoGo account, or create a new account and have the passes deposited to that account. If you already have a monthly GoGo plan you will want to create a new account for these passes. The passes are each good for one flight segment and are valid for 12 months. You need to complete this process before your flight in order to utilize the GoGo passes.
US Bank FlexPerks Visa Signature Perks:
If you are new to the US Bank FlexPerks card note that it comes with a $49 annual fee and in addition to the sign-up bonus of 20,000 points worth up to $400 towards airfare, it pays out 2x on gas, groceries, or airfare (whichever you spend the most on that month), 2x on most cell phone expenses, and 3x on charitable donations. You also get a $25 airline fee credit when you redeem your points for a flight. This can be used for something like on-board snacks, on-board drinks, inflight WiFi (assuming it is sold by the airline like United instead of using a GoGo pass), a bag fee, or similar. If you use the card or built-in perks at all it isn’t hard to see that the annual $49 can easily be offset by the travel perks and rewards. You can even use 3,500 points to pay the annual fee if you are so inclined, though I generally get more value out of the points using them for airfare purchases.
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be an eligible U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® cardholder and register your card at https://visa.gogoair.com/usbank to take advantage of the Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Benefit.
- Eligibility for this benefit is determined by U.S. Bank. In order to be eligible, you must have made at least one purchase (purchase minus credits and returns) in the past 12 months prior to registering for the benefit, and Card is not past due or otherwise inactive. If your Card has been inactive and you make a purchase to qualify for the benefit, it may take 2-3 weeks to become eligible for the benefit.
- Provided you meet the eligibility requirements, your 12 complimentary Inflight Wi‐Fi passes will be available to you at no additional cost after you complete the online registrations.
- Each Inflight Wi‐Fi Pass provides for complimentary inflight Wi‐Fi Internet access for one device at a time on one flight segment on any participating airlines’ Gogo equipped flight between destinations within the United States and Canada, where network coverage is available.
- Participating airlines are listed at
Please note that these participating airlines are subject to change at any time without notice. Check the linked page regularly for the most up-to-date list of airlines on which the Inflight Wi-Fi Passes are valid.
- Registration for this benefit is not available in flight — you must complete registration prior to your flight to access your Inflight Wi-Fi Passes.
- If you have an existing subscription with Gogo, you will have to suspend or cancel the subscription before you can credit your Gogo account with the 12 Inflight Wi-Fi Passes.
To suspend or cancel your subscription simply:
- Chat with Gogo via Live Help; or
- Email Gogo at CustomerCare@gogoair.com; or
- Call Gogo at 877-350-0038.
- Each Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Pass may be redeemed on any Wi-Fi-enabled laptop, tablet, or smartphone for inflight Wi-Fi internet access on one (1) flight segment (a segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing).
- Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Passes are valid for 12 months from the date that you register your card for the Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Benefit. Any unused Inflight Wi-Fi Passes at the end of the 12 month period will expire.
- At the end of your initial 12 month period, provided the Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Benefit is still being offered, and you continue to meet U.S. Bank’s eligibility requirements, you will receive an email inviting you to re-register for the benefit at https://visa.gogoair.com/usbank to receive another 12 Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Passes.
- Visa and/or U.S. Bank reserve the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time and without notice.
- This offer is non-transferable.
- The Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Benefit is provided by Gogo, LLC and none of Visa or its issuers is responsible for any claims or damages arising from use of the Gogo services.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.