Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Right after Hyatt Gold Passport announced their big changes for the program that kick in on March 1, 2017 with the introduction of the new “World of Hyatt” program, I outlined a way to earn top tier Hyatt Globalist status until February 2019 if you complete 25 eligible stays in January and February 2017 before the new rules take effect.
Depending on how inexpensively you can get the stays you need, and how much value you will get out of the perks you earn for the next two years, the math on this “last great mattress run” can actually work in your favor. Of course getting 25 individual Hyatt stays in two months is a stretch for many, but for those select few who can make it work, the new Hyatt Globalist perks will be quite nice to enjoy.
- Upgrade to best available room at check-in up to standard suites, space available
- 4pm late check-out guaranteed except at resorts or casinos
- Room Guaranteed if booked at least 48 hours in advance
- Unlimited club lounge access on paid or award stays for the room the member is booked in
- If the property is a full service property with no lounge then breakfast is complimentary for up to two adults and two children in the room of the Globalist Guest. There will no longer be a 2,500 point bonus for closed regency clubs.
- No resort fees on any stay, paid or award stays
- Complimentary parking on free night awards – not points + cash stays
- Priority access to available rooms if checking in early
- Two United Club passes awarded on March 1st each year
- Four Diamond Confirmed Suite upgrades awarded when you hit status that can be used on award or paid stays! These confirmed upgrades are valid for one year from when you earn them…so in some cases you may want to delay earning them if you need to time that with a vacation where you want a suite.
- More benefits at 70, 80, 90, and 100 nights annually – choice between 10k bonus points or an additional confirmed suite upgrade award
- 30% bonus on points earned
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.