Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Through Sunday (2/26/17) you can earn 4x Fuel Points on eligible gift card purchases at the Kroger family of grocery stores (ie not on variable load Visa gift cards or Kroger gift cards)! This is great news for those who like to earn points and save money on gas.
You need to add the coupon to your Kroger account online and then you can rack up the fuel points while earning bonus credit card points on your cards for shopping at a US grocery store if you pay with a card like The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card.
Depending on what your specific Kroger’s offers, you could pick up gift cards to places like Disney, Hyatt, Delta, Panera, Amazon, Jason’s Deli, and tons more. When I do this I earn 4.5x transferrable Amex Membership Reward points by using my Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card at a grocery store (including the 50% bonus for using it 30 times in a billing cycle) as well as 4x fuel points!
How Kroger Fuel Points Work
By earning 4x fuel points you are earning 100 fuel points for every $25 in eligible gift cards you purchase, which is pretty good. If you max out at 35 gallons of gas when you fill up (bring both cars or gas cans and move quickly), that means that you are saving $3.50 in gas for every $25 in gift cards you purchase. You can use up to 1,000 fuel points at a time when filling up at a Kroger gas station, which would mean you are saving $1.00 per gallon, or up to $35 on a 35 gallon fill-up. You would need to purchase $250 in eligible gift cards to earn 1,000 fuel points.
Using 1,000 fuel points has brought our price per gallon to around .54 cents when gas was really cheap! I love stacking points earning deals to take advantage of this gift card bonus!
Save Even More With Gift Card Coupons
On top of the 4x fuel points coupon you can load to your account, my account also showed other gift card related coupons including:
- Save $5.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy ONE (1) Buca di Peppo gift card totaling $25 or more.
- Save $5.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy THREE (3) Cabelas gift cards totaling $50 or more.
- Save $15.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy FOUR (4) Bed and Breakfast gift cards totaling $100 or more.
- Save $10.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy TWO (2) Ruby Tuesday $25 cards totaling $50.
- Save $5.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy TWO (2) Petco $25 Cards totaling $50.
- Save 15% off Gap, Gap Options, Banana Republic, Old Navy or Athleta Gift Cards when you buy ONE (1) Gap, Gap Options, Banana Republic, Old Navy or Athleta Gift Card.
- Save $5.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy TWO (2) Burger King gift cards totaling $25 or more.
- Save $5.00 off your Grocery Purchase when you buy TWO (2) Gamestop gift cards.
If you like gift cards and find yourself near a Kroger’s this weekend it may make sense to stop by the gift card rack!
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.