Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
If you are sad that you weren’t able to snag tickets on the upcoming final United 747 revenue flight ever that will whisk you away 1970’s style to Honolulu, there are a couple new opportunities to get on-board that just popped up. The good news is the opportunities sound pretty awesome and won’t cost you a cent, but the bad news is they are United Exclusive auctions so they will likely end up selling for a very high number of United miles.
- You and a guest are flown in United Economy from your home airport in the lower 48 + Alaska to San Francisco on Monday, November 6th
- Hotel stay near SFO on Monday night
- Attend the 9:00 a.m. SFO gate activities including viewing the Boeing 747 gallery, hearing remarks from United employees and executives, and enjoying refreshments.
- Take the final United 747 flight from San Francisco to Honolulu at 11AM local on November 7th
- Two hotel nights in Honolulu
- United economy flights back to your home airport from Honolulu on Thursday, November 9th
- A commemorative piece of a Boeing 747 “Queen of the Skies” plane will be delivered to your home
The only difference in the two packages is that one also includes the opportunity for you and your guest to be the first customers to board the 747 farewell flight, which would be pretty cool though not necessarily worth a ton more miles to most people. The auctions run until October 17, 2017, and the bids are already at 125,000 – 150,000 United miles per package, but I fully expect the bidding to go significantly higher as there are some folks who missed out on the public sale but really, really want on the flight.
Anyone planning to join this final United 747 flight?
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.