Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I’ve saved a ton of money on Amazon over the past few years thanks to various promotions and offers they have run where using as few as one Amex Membership Reward point resulted in saving money on the Amazon order. This morning as I was ordering us some very important things from Amazon like paper towels and coffee, I saw a banner ad that awarded 20% off my Amazon order if I used as few as one Membership Reward point after activating the offer.
Like most Amazon promotions, I would assume this one is targeted to some degree (though it worked on all the accounts I tested), but it is certainly worth trying out for yourself if you have a card that earns Amex Membership Rewards linked to your Amazon account. Examples of eligible cards include The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express, The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express, or The Platinum Card® from American Express.
The 20% discount on items sold by Amazon when using at least one Membership Reward point worked great for our order this morning and resulted in us saving $3.99 on a small purchase by using just one Membership Reward point. The offer runs until October 23, 2017, and you can save a maximum of $50 with this offer before it ends. At a 20% discount, that would require $250 in spending to save the full $50. The idea of just one Membership Reward point potentially saving $50 on a $250 eligible Amazon order is pretty spectacular!
This offer only applies to products sold directly by Amazon.com and not those items sold from third-parties on Amazon. It also does not include digital content, Amazon gift cards, or third-party gift cards. I can confirm that the discount sadly did not work when I added a Whole Foods gift card to my cart.
Remember to activate the offer, select an Amex Membership Rewards eligible card as your method of payment, and then use at least 1 Membership Reward point towards your eligible order to unlock the 20% discount. The discount should be reflected at checkout as shown above.
I’d love to hear if this discount worked for your Amazon account!
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) October 23, 2017.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $50.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards or third-party gift cards.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.