Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
You may sometimes wonder how some folks, especially non-business travelers, can possibly earn enough miles and points to fund their travels. There are lots of answers to that question, but one of the answers is that some miles and points are bought with cold hard cash. Purchasing points isn’t for everyone, but it can occasionally make sense, even for the most frugal travelers, when the price you pay for the miles or points is less than you would have otherwise paid for your travels.
One annual opportunity to purchase miles, points, and other travel-related offerings such as theme park tickets or hotel packages at a discount is the Daily Getaways sale put on by the U.S. Travel Association. This sale traditionally happens once a year, lasts for several weeks, and a new package is available each day.
Annual Getaway Preview Site Available
The annual Daily Getaways sale kicks off one week from today on April 9th, but the preview site is available now. I highly encourage you to take a look at the Daily Getaways preview site to see if any of the available packages in the first two weeks of the sale may align with your travel needs and plans. That said, while some packages are available in ample quantities, some are available in very limited quantities and demand will (greatly) outpace supply. In other words, not everyone will be able to get some of the low quantity packages such as those from Hertz, so decide for yourself whether or not it is worth your time to log on each day at go-time to potentially come up empty-handed.
First Two Weeks of Daily Getaways Travel Packages
The packages available in the first two weeks of the Daily Getaways sale include:
- Universal Express Tickets, which include 1-day admission and 1-time express access to each ride and attraction and priority seating at select shows to Universal Studios Hollywood in California for $139, 250 packages available.
- Choice Hotel points in various quantities for about 1/2 a cent each.
- IHG Rewards points in various quantities for a little over 1/2 a cent each.
- One-day Avis rentals for $30.
- Hertz points – though in very limited quantities.
- Omni hotel stays from $160.
- $175 for 15,000 Wyndham Reward points – enough for a night at any Wyndham property.
- Hilton points in various quantities for 1/2 a cent each.
- Las Vegas packages that include rooms, shows, and meals.
I’ll dig deeper into some of the better packages as the sale approaches, especially since we generally pick up a few packages for our family each year. On first glance, do any of the packages available in the first two weeks of the Daily Getaways sale look like something will that makes sense for your family?