Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I recently came across a promotion where kids under 12 can fly for free on British Airways to/from destinations including London, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Belfast, Glasgow, Leeds, and Newcastle with an adult booked on the same flight. That particular promotion, while cool, won’t help most of the readers of this site since the majority are US based and this promotion requires that you be a resident of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
However, while reading about that promotion on The Winglet, I ran across another very family friendly initiative that can help families heading through London Heathrow keep their meal costs down regardless of residency.
Kids Eat Free at London Heathrow
Believe it or not, there are a number of restaurants in London Heathrow that offer free meals to children with the purchase of an adult meal. The eligible ages and dates vary a little based on the restaurant, but the dates are largely based on when families are traveling the most on school breaks and the maximum age ranges from 10 – 12 years old.
Kids Eat Free Heathrow Dates
- May 24, 2018 – June 3, 2018
- July 19, 2018 – September 2, 2018
- October 18, 2018 – October 28, 2018
- December 6, 2018 – January 6, 2019
- February 7, 2019 – February 24, 2019
I absolutely love taking advantage of kid eat free offers both at home and on our travels, so here’s a list of places where Kids Eat Free in London Heathrow!
- Huxleys (available April 16, 2018 – May 13, 2018)
- Carluccio’s (before security)
- Gordon Ramsay Plane Food (available all year)
Has your family ever eaten at one of these London Heathrow restaurants and cafes?
Kids Eat Free at Heathrow Terms and Conditions
- Applicable dates: 24 May 2018 – 3 June 2018, 19 July 2018 – 2 September 2018, 18 October 2018 – 28 October 2018, 6 December – 6 January 2019, 7 February 2019 – 24 February 2019
- Perfectionists’ Café and Gordon Ramsay Plane Food available all year round.
- Huxleys – extended qualifying dates as part of Kids Go Free (16 April 2018 – 13 May 2018)
- One free children’s meal with each adult main course purchased from the main menu.
- Maximum of four free children’s meals.
- Children’s meal must be a regular sized option from the children’s menu.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Subject to availability, no substitute available, no cash alternative.
- Management reserve the right to amend offer at any time.
- Age limits:
- Children 12 years or younger at La Salle, Huxleys, Oriel, Ca’puccino, Gordon Ramsay Plane Food, The Commission
- Children 10 years or younger at Bridge Bar, The Perfectionists’ Café, The Prince of Wales , and Carluccio’s
- Minimum spend £9 (except The Commission where the minimum is £10.95)
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.